Retirement Sr. Manager - Irving TX
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Family
The Retirement Plans Team within Benefits Design and Planning is responsible for creating and managing innovative retirement plan options that attract, engage and retain employees to the Enterprise. Benefits Design and Planning collaborates and consults with leadership, business clients, HR Business Partners and other HR partners to identify develop and implement strategic enterprise initiatives that impact benefits and talent management strategies. The team is responsible for ensuring that the retirement plans are in compliance with ERISA and federal and state laws as well as all the accounting and financial reporting.Job Description
The Retirement Senior Manager is responsible for the overall delivery of core benefit design & planning initiatives to all plan participants by applying professional judgment, knowledge, experience and a broad perspective. The individual will be responsible for all aspects of benefit plans and programs including vendor management, compliance, project management, strategic planning and design and communication. In addition, the individual will be responsible for implementing, managing and developing innovative solutions that support the business unit strategy and design by applying thought leadership and their subject matter expertise. This includes project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication, and cost. Plans include pension, 401K, non-qualified pension plans and non-qualified deferred compensation plans. Provides leadership to managers, supervisors, and/or professional staff and is accountable for the performance and results of entire team and all work streams within own discipline. Is Plan administrator and fiduciary for all qualified and non-qualified retirement plans.Key Responsibility - Vendor Management
- Provide oversight for all vendor relationships within their work stream.
- Ensure vendors are adhering to statement of work, service level agreements and contract terms including costs and out of scope fees. Take appropriate corrective action as necessary to ensure adherence to contract provisions.
- Provide leadership at performance review sessions. Ensure development of contract requirements and performance standards.
- Ensure proper management of all vendors within work stream, taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Determine when to proceed with a Request for Proposal, evaluate and select potential suppliers, score the RFP, and develop recommendations.
- Ensure all plans and programs are compliant with ERISA and all applicable federal and state laws within their entire work stream. Take appropriate corrective action as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Review and approve all filing requirements and employee notices.
- Following law changes or design change, review and approve all appropriate plan documents, policies and administrative procedures.
- Review and approve all appropriate communications to participant and internal business partners following law or designs changes.
- Review and approve all monthly accounting processes, external audits of the plans, 5500 reports, GAAP disclosures and SOX reporting. Work with actuaries and Finance leaders to develop pension funding recommendations.
- Provide quarterly Mirror Certification regarding Company’s GAAP disclosures.
- Manage implementation of large/complex projects that affect multiple work streams, or that potentially has significant financial impact or impact on large groups of employees.
- Develop, manage, and execute project plans, including managing project resources and budgets. See project through to completion.
- Lead and execute the development of project documents, status reports, measurements, and set performance expectations for all projects with entire work stream.
- Introduce and lead change effectively. Collaborate and lead others in key business and/or functional initiatives.
- Establish strategic priorities and direction for the work stream. Ensure internal/external understanding of the overall business unit strategy.
- Responsible for the design of benefit programs/plans that are cost effective, competitive and attracts/retains quality employees. Provide leadership with various design options and recommendations.
- Weigh alternatives and consider service and business implications from decisions and recommendations. Conduct stakeholder and risk analysis on key issues and initiatives.
- Provide direction and guidance to ensure that the business strategy is considered when designing new processes, employee communications and in the daily management of employees and resources.
- Leverage quantitative, qualitative and trend data to draw conclusions and to help drive business results.
- Work with various fiduciary/board committees to monitor marketplace trends, retirement plan investment alternatives; recommend plan design changes.
Key Responsibility - Manage/Lead a Team
- Monitor budgets and operational effectiveness.
- Adapt plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Develop strategies for adjusted courses of action.
- Accountable for performance and results of entire team.
- Set performance expectations.
- Select, lead, counsel and motivates teams.
- Build cross-functional partnerships.
- Foster a team environment.
- Build consensus using diversity of opinion making decisions.
- Remove barriers impacting team effectiveness.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required/ Masters Degree a plus. Relevant HR certification a plus (i.e. CEBS)
- Fellow or Associate in Society of Actuaries a plus
- Experience: 10+ years of relevant work experience; specific retirement experience preferred
- Professional with strong organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Expert knowledge of Retirement plans
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced vendor and project management skills
- Integrates deep subject matter expertise by having industry experience in benefits and in-depth knowledge of operational processes
- Provides influence and authoritative advice
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Strong business writing and communication skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.