Assistant Vice President of Sales (Allstate Benefits)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Assistant Vice President will ne responsible for managing sales team in CA, UT, AZ, NM, ID and CO. Click here to add
Job Family SummaryAllstate Benefit Sales build relationships with Agents and Brokers across the country and support them, which contributes to premium growth for Allstate Benefits in the voluntary market. Supports the growth and success of the broker channel by achieving effective consultations, business planning and the ability to coach/engage brokers.
Job SummaryThe primary objective of the Assistant Vice President of Sales (AVP) is to generate profitable growth and increased market share within an assigned geographical region. To comprehend the overall corporate sales strategy and effectively develop and implement a strategic business plan to meet these objectives. To meet the regional sales goals and expectations for the territory by effectively communicating sales goals, managing and supporting the SC’s in the field and overall objectives to territory personnel under the FVP leadership. The AVP of Sales must maintain strong business relationships and through leadership, gain alignment and momentum in delivering company distribution and service goals.
- This position reports to the Field Vice President, Allstate Benefits
- Provides leadership, training, on-going development to the Sales Consultants and on-going positive field relationships.
- Works with VPNA in the market to focus on national account brokers / cases.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with Allstate Benefit Sales Support, Underwriting, Compliance, Policyholder Services, Premium Administration, ITS, Commission Accounting, Home Office Personnel and Allstate Field Management.
- Meet or exceed assigned production plan for assigned territory.
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement
- Provide leadership and development to all regional personnel and conduct routine performance evaluation of regional sales staff.
- Coaches and mentors SC’s in support of career progression, provides feedback on knowledge, skill, and leadership development opportunities, and suggests ongoing education opportunities.
- Engages other areas of responsibility on various initiatives impacting AB, primarily with product changes, market segmentation, and overall product profitability.
- Must be able to handle increased market size and increased number of sales team members. This position is a management roll and will not be responsible for individual sales but overall territory sales.
- Provide monthly reporting on territory sales, progress on strategic initiatives, and market overview.
- Relationship building – proven track record for obtaining business results by developing effective relationships with brokers and within the sales organization.
- Analyze specialized markets, formulate recruiting programs, and implement effective marketing programs to secure producers who will effectively produce quality premiums for Allstate Benefits in its various markets.
- Provide feedback on changes in the marketplace and ways to improve for increased sales.
- Control and manage expenses to company standards for themselves and their team.
- Implement and monitor procedures to help improve agent debit balances and persistency of business written in the region.
- Develops strategic business plan (production, retention, education, and profitability) for all targeted lines of business associated with the region.
- Has responsibility for generating profitable growth according to company standards
- Provide leadership and development to all territory personnel.
- Works with senior distribution leaders to translate strategic business plan into clear objectives, tactics, and specific action plans to achieve goals.
- Oversees and manages the communication of sales data and other key information to ensure distribution leaders and producers are well educated, motivated, and supported in a timely manner.
- Champions new ideas and initiatives; identifies and actualizes new business opportunities; fosters innovation and calculated risk-taking.
- Fosters a collaborative working relationship with distribution support and other areas of responsibility/centers of expertise in Home Office.
- Fosters an environment that encourages continuous growth and professional development for self and all direct reports.
- Works with other senior leaders to develop succession plans and mentoring programs.
- 5 yeas of sales management experience, insurance license, located in California and driven.
- Strong sales, communication and relationship building skills
- At least 5 years of previous experience in the recruitment and management of an insurance sales force
- College degree
- Professional designations, such as CLU and ChFC are desired. If not completed, you should actively pursue completion of one of these designations
- Strong work ethic
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.