Ent Svc-Core Operations-Dir
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The Core Operations Director is responsible for leading multiple core operational divisions in the enterprise by formulating and communicating organizational strategy, goals, workflows, and actions to drive results. The position is accountable to partner and influence market facing business units and shared service areas to deploy cultural objectives, lead engagement and development of a global workforce, while collaborating for shared success to maximize corporate goals of customer service, growth and profitability. This position is also responsible for supporting profit and loss accountability, representing the business area in strategic planning activities with senior level executives, and driving innovative solutions and systems improvements while removing barriers, providing necessary interface between Field and Home Office departments, and role modeling corporate emotional intelligence.Key Responsibilities
- Directs global department senior leaders by articulating a common vision, strategy, goals and KPIs to drive alignment of onshore and offshore action plans, and transparency into business outcomes. This includes local and nationwide direct reporting relationships, as well as governance and control of a global and virtual workforce
- Delivers proactive communication with Home Office Officers, Senior Leadership and Field Management influencing strategy, recommendations and insights. Maintains flexible hours and skills to communicate with key personnel offshore in different time zones and cultures
- Defines and implements budgets and action plans to deliver on financial, resource, and customer service goals including introducing and modeling change management methods and new ways of doing business
- Coordinates with multiple market facing businesses to deliver required objectives and determines and prioritizes operational plans and objectives across the enterprise
- Monitors and influences effective compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, controls, actions and audit objectives
- Partners with Real Estate and Administration to achieve workforce and enterprise business strategies.
- Inspires innovative solutions and systems improvements to support strategic business unit objectives, including process reengineering and automations, ensuring execution on projects of critical importance
- Establishes, monitors, and collaborates with procurement to monitor existing vendor performance, best practices and delivery as well as onboards new vendor relationships to optimize and enhance cost strategy
- Advanced experience leading diverse teams and processes to achieve organizational goals, including collaboration with various stakeholders, internally and externally, regionally and globally, to achieve best in class results.
- Ability to build and establish relationships necessary to influence, communicate and lead organizational transformation, as well as role modeling change agility and forward focused priorities.
- Ability to create communication strategies and drive cultural objectives and employee engagement initiatives, as well as hiring, developing, performance managing, and promoting talent, in a continuous improvement environment.
- Advanced communication skills in a variety of modalities that transcends levels to ensure audiences understand the why, are clear on the objectives, and know the pathway to success.
- Advanced Systems Thinking for effective process design, operational analysis, and systems thinking. Should have experience in data management, holistic problem solving, and strategic thinking, with ability to lead oversight of innovative solutions and systems improvements to support strategic business unit objectives, including process reengineering and automations, ensuring execution on projects of critical importance.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, including resource planning with a balance of achieving operational objectives with cost efficiencies.
- Ability to work in ambiguity, looking for the broader picture, continuously challenging opportunities to drive improvement.
- Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility, innovation, risk taking, resilience and the ability to learn from experiences and setbacks.
- Demonstrates an analytical mindset with critical thinking, problem solving and ability to tell a story with data to influence decision making.
- Experienced in ITSM/ITIL foundations with basic certifications
- Experience leading Enterprise level Service Desk / Technology Support Functions
- Experience leading contemporary Contact Center Operations
- Experience implementing Integrated Digital Service and Support capabilities including Chat Bot and AI
- Experience leading large-scale complex change initiatives
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.