Sr. Field Sales Training Consultant (Allstate Benefits)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Job Family SummaryField Sales Training provides Training and Sales Support for the Field Sales Unit. This includes training of the AB Sales Process, Products, Procedures, Implementation and Sales Technology to achieve corporate sales goals.
The Allstate Benefits Trainer II position is responsible for new hire onboarding and enhanced training opportunities for existing employees of the Exclusive Agent channel, Independent Agent channel and the Vice President of National Accounts channel. The trainer will also engage in educational and training activities of external distribution and service partners, including agents, brokers, enrollment firms, ben admin partners, etc. This role will act as a mentor for less experienced employees on the team.
Lead development and delivery of comprehensive field training curriculum for new hires and existing employees, focusing on
- Group and Individual contracts
- Employee and Employer paid plans
- State exceptions
- Competitive positioning
Business model process
- Functional business units – roles / responsibilities
- Business protocols / guidelines
- Submission, service and support
- Proprietary tools / support
Targeted marketing and sales programs, as defined by the management team
- Mentor/train less experienced team members.
- Provide back-up for Training manager.
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills of collaboration and persuasion
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a remote setting, and yet build critical relationships with home office and field personnel, as well as key third party distribution partners
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to write and develop various communication and presentation materials designed to educate and promote Allstate products and services within the industry
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with an ability conduct industry comparisons of Allstate products and services versus our competitor group, elevating key points of differentiation
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to prioritize
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and to meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in Word, Power Point and Excel
- 5+ years of employee benefits experience; voluntary benefits experience preferred
- College degree required
- State life and health insurance license required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.