Customer Service Representative
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
If you thrive in an environment where you can take charge, plan and guide others through complex situations, be outspoken and are a confident decision-maker, Allstate is the place for you! Our employee engagement survey within the customer contact centers is rated as "Excellent." Allstate is all about inclusive diversity and creating an environment where everyone can grow.
It is Allstate's goal to support our customers how, when and where they want to be served. The Customer Contact Center will provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. As a result, it is important that our team members can commit to a flexible work schedule that includes weekends and holidays. Most call center employees work one weekend day, typically a Saturday, as a part of their normal work week.
***This is NOT a remote position. This position will be located in Hudson, OH.***Schedule and Compensation
- Start Date: Thursday, December 03, 2020 9:00 AM EST
- Training Schedule: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM-5:30 PM EST in classroom (approx. 6 weeks)
- Transition (approx. 8 weeks) and Production Schedule: Monday, Wednesday,Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM EST; (Off Sunday and Tuesday)
- Holidays Required
Compensation and other important information:
- Base pay: $15.00 Hourly/ $31,200 annually (paid bi-weekly)
- Excellent benefits package starting on your FIRST day of employment to include - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401(k)
- Depending on your work schedule, shift differential may apply.
Competencies that drive success in the role:
- Support our customers by delivering personalized experience
- Ensure first call resolution and customer satisfaction on all transactions
- Solutions driven by resolving customer’s inquiries
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Allstate company products
- Attention to detail in processing changes to customer policies
- Answer customer inquiries regarding their policies and document customer records
- Develop subject matter expertise and remain current on marketing campaigns to respond appropriately to related inquiries
- Proactively identify and act on additional protection opportunities to promote policy growth and improve customer retention
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Multi-tasking proficiency
- Live into an environment of Continuous Improvement
- Adaptability to new techniques, talk paths and performance standards
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Collaboration, problem solving and investigation skills
- Ability to identify trends, present solutions for issues and/or opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with co-workers including peers and leaders
- Flexibility with work schedule to meet the needs of customer and the business
- Spanish Bilingual fluency a plus
Standard Technical Requirements
- Home Internet service must be stable.
- 50 Mbps Download and 5 Mbps upload internet service packages
- Access to hardwire (plug-in) ethernet/network cable to your modem/router during your shift.
- Wifi connection is not allowed
- Cannot use satellite, hotspots, MIFI devices, wireless AC wall plug-in extenders, repeaters, boosters and/or pods
- Space for Desktop equipment and 2 monitors – Allstate will provide all equipment
Information Security requirements
- Minimum Requirements – (summary, not all inclusive)
- Established or Dedicated Work area at home, ensuring:
- No one can see your screens, keyboards or Allstate documents
- Area is located where no one can overhear your conversations
- Free from potential hazards affecting equipment (e.g. pets, plants, water, etc.)
- Workspace is not vulnerable to theft
- Free from distractions
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.