Senior Manager, Brand Experience Strategist
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Job Family SummaryThe Senior Manager, Social Experience is a team leader within Allstate’s Social Media Center of Excellence (COE). The Social Media COE consists of three teams (Social Experience, Brand Editorial and Digital Intelligence & Engagement) which are part of the larger Marketing, Innovation and Corporate Brand division.
Job SummaryAllstate believes everyone deserves to live a life well protected. The Senior Manager, Brand Experience Strategist will help lead the Social Media COE’s efforts to advocate for this belief via digital platforms. The work should result in increased buzz, brand love and consumer engagement.
This Senior Manager will serve as a team leader who will inspire new ways of engaging with consumers and customers. With a foundation in brand and social strategy and a passion for working with creatives, our Senior Manager is responsible for social media innovation (through tech, creativity and/or culture). They will also oversee the Social COE’s social content and activation efforts. In addition, this leader will conduct key briefings and hold partners accountable to our master social strategy, brand focus areas and innovative approach.
The Senior Manager, Social Brand Experience is the kind of person who is passionate about growing purpose-driven brands. They are always looking for human truths and cultural insights that can activate our brand’s purpose in a new way. They are naturally curious, unafraid to try new things and driven by the idea of disrupting a category.
- Lead and inspire a team of six which includes four Associate Managers (who will be responsible for top of funnel, middle of funnel, bottom of funnel and The Allstate Foundation social initiatives, respectively) and two Consultants.
- Oversee the team’s social content planning and execution, ensuring our social platforms adhere to brand guidelines, best practices, strategic focus areas and our editorial purpose.
- Write compelling creative briefs for large activations and review key creative work.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members to elevate our briefs and creative product, growing your team’s strategic rigor, writing skills and careers in the process.
Drive Brand Love & Innovation
- Partner with the Social COE’s director to establish Allstate’s social experience strategy and vision, then evangelize that vision throughout the organization
- Concept social brand experiences that amplify large brand campaigns in partnership with our internal and external agencies
- Work with our Media team to identify key content, influencer, tech and promotional partners for the brand
- Coordinate cross-functional digital innovation sessions with our social platform partners to build out/test social commerce tools and digital products
- Partner with the Social COE’s Digital Intelligence experts to ensure insight-driven work and meaningful measurement
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in digital marketing, content creation, mobile marketing
- Strategic planning experience at an Advertising, Marketing or Public Relations agency
- Experience writing insights-driven creative briefs and collaborating closely with creative, tech platform, insights and media teams to execute
- Proven track record activating participatory paid, earned and owned campaigns for large brands
- Strong presenter with the ability to quickly articulate a POV with rationale
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills with the ability to gain executive-level buy in on ideas
- Leadership and team management experience
- Deep understanding of social platforms including their technical capabilities, creative best practices, social commerce and human behavior on those platforms
- Budget management experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.