Workforce Digital Solutions - Product Owner
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The Workforce Digital Solutions Lead Consultant role partners with HR functional leaders and teams of functional analysts, user experience analysts, technical developers, testers, product owners and other technology areas to facilitate and pursue a common vision. Drives business value with a backlog and priorities within scrum methodology to deliver on a minimal viable product aligned with business and HR strategy and vision. Acts as “the customer” for developer questions. Partners with HR and business stakeholders to plan releases, define scope and accept stories.Key Responsibilities
- Enables the HR digital strategy by championing initiatives to attain the product vision, managing towards objectives and key performance indicators for the product team
- In partnership with other leaders, develops the product vision and product roadmaps
- Leads, manages and collaborates with cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholder management for a product(s) development
- Manages features and stories from a customer perspective, continuously prioritizing and grooming the backlog for sprints
- Identifies, communicates, and breakdowns features to a Minimum Viable Product
- Provides periodic strategic and operational status updates to business stakeholders and senior management
- Serves as the point of contact for the agile team with the business and subject matter experts.
- Empowered to make all critical decisions regarding functionality and priority in the Sprint. Signs off to accept each user story during sprint
- Writes user stories and acceptance criteria. Ensures that user stories meet Definition of Ready (DoR). Updates user stories in Agile Management Tool
- Within SAFe framework, prepare and lead product team and stakeholders for quarterly Program Increment Planning sessions
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 or more years of experience with technology systems administration, support or development (HRIS/HCM technology preferred)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- SAFe certified, or equivalent, preferred
- Leads and facilitates user experience design activities and sessions with cross-functional teams
- Develops, communicates and mobilizes a team around a common product vision & roadmap
- Manages product backlog, including: features, story maps, user story, issues/bugs, risks & dependencies
- Experience with project management applications such as VersionOne, JIRA or similar tools
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of tools: PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Skype, Project, Visio, etc.
- Strong collaboration with other Product Owners for dependencies, prioritization and delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication, in a variety of settings with wide ranges of stakeholders (from team member through senior leader)
- Ability to listen, understand, and translate customer needs and requests to product team
- Demonstrated competency of Agile Scrum best practices, methodologies and ceremonies
- Able to manage and set expectations with stakeholders and displays strong negotiation skills
- Possesses a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Applied experience developing technology solutions operating within a business or technology role
- Functional knowledge of HR processes and technology
- Displays strong self-awareness, collaboration and empathy. Ability to motivate, encourage, influence and empower others
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.