Workforce Digital Solutions, Sr Consultant
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Job Family SummaryThe Workforce Digital Solutions (WDS) Team drives the maximization of our digital technology investment to deliver a consumer-grade experience adapted to people, roles and personas that provides targeted data to inform business insights and enable decision making.
Job SummaryThe Workforce Digital Solutions Senior Consultant I performs functional configuration and advanced user support for technology platforms and systems, such as Core HR, Talent Management, Recruiting. The position has a deep understanding of system capabilities, architecture, functionality, and integration points. The position collaborates with other members of the agile development team, including IT and vended technology partners, as well as the product owner and scrum master.
Key ResponsibilitiesKey Responsibilities
Workforce Digital Solutions System Admin
- Accountability across many SAP SuccessFactors modules, including: Performance, Goals, Succession, Employee Central, Learning, Recruiting, Onboarding, Mobile, Compensation, and more
- Supporting and configurating applications related to all aspect of recruiting including but not limited to what is currently being utilized today
- Accountable to managing platform and system configuration that is high complexity and medium to large in size or impact
- Stays current with system changes and understands full functionality and behavior of software to troubleshoot problems, provide full support to end users and drive business value through enhancements
- Leads HR technologies releases & system refreshes: coaching team members in coordinating and communicating key dates, facilitating stakeholder reviews and supporting COEs in activating new enhancements
- Serves as a consultant for human resources, third parties, internal IT and other stakeholders to resolve functionality problems; understands integrated HR processes and seeks out tool solutions to meet business needs
- Participates in external networking, industry expertise forums and best practice sharing; bringing ideas to influence the vendor
- Coaches less experienced employees in the technologies, how to anticipate and prevent potential problems and best navigate to resolve programming and functionality problems
Consultative Services & Collaboration
- Supports and consults with other members of the agile development team on technology projects, new enhancements and features.
- Establishes strong working relationships and communications with HR representatives to effectively support and enhance technology
- Partners with HR COEs on development and maintenance of training guides & educational materials
- Supports system enhancements and regular system releases, partnering with HR reps, technology partners, change management and overall implementation needs
- Participates as project team member for HR technology implementations and new enhancements, often as a project work stream lead; contributes to managing issues, risks, timelines, explaining design implications and partnering with technology partners to meet all requirements
- Supports and contributes to business process improvements that have a HR technologies component and serves on teams to explain system impacts to business process changes
- Manages vendor platform support vendor, tracking open cases, issues and coaching vendor on improvement opportunities
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years of related experience in HRIS/Human Resources
- Must have at least 2-5 years of experience with back-end configuration of HRIS/HCM technology. SAP SuccessFactors and Salesforce Sales Cloud/Marketing Cloud strongly preferred
- 2-5 years of experience with Core HRIS/HCM technology; especially design, configuration, structure, functions and processes, SAP/SuccessFactors preferred
- Functional knowledge of HR processes and how data is used and integrated Experience with HR Talent technologies, especially design, configuration, structure, functions and processes preferred
- Previous experience with Salesforce applications such as Marketing Cloud and Sales Cloud or equivalent
- Strong familiarity with data analysis and solving business needs using HR systems
- Understanding of agile project management methodology preferred
- Demonstrates a understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Applied experience developing technology solutions operating within a business or technology role
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex data issues to determine cause
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Project
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.