Enrollment Services Consultant (Allstate Benefits)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Job Family SummaryThe Enrollment team supports the implementation of our products involving third party technology solutions. The area supports the presentation of products for Customers then processes that data into policies and payroll deduction files. The team supports the closing of the sale as well as implementation of our products on enrollment platforms, the processing of electronic data and the service of perpetual data files throughout the year. The Enrollment Services business unit will effectively support Customers with product configuration, deployment and service of enrollment technology tools.
Job SummaryThe Consultant II supports operational duties of the Enrollment Services team. Responsibilities include account and product configuration on in-house managed technology, Census maintenance, enrollment scenario testing, end user access protocols, report configuration and delivery. This position interacts with Enrollment Services leadership and also requires customer facing activities. Position would also interface with Enrollment Operations to manage production file delivery and remediation of reported issues. This position would interact with QA and Actuary units to insure proper setup and compliance is adhered to. This is a senior position on the team that has demonstrated mastery of departmental processes, knowledge of internal/external systems and proven leadership qualities amongst the team. In this position the added responsibilities would include training of other team members, assignment to partner specific activities and reporting, advisement to cross functional team members.
- Senior individual contributor who assists leadership with establishment of process, procedures, service policy and direction within assigned territory.
- Assist leadership with deployment of resources and business volumes based on case level complexity and competency of staff members.
- Support training and mentoring program for department, peers and cross functional teams.
- Identify and suggest process and technology opportunities which will improve the business model, service offering to customers and drive internal efficiencies.
- Operate as SME to cross functional teams, document and provide advice/knowledge on best practice operations
- Participate in implementation conference calls
- Configure account setup including SSO integrations, eligibility rules
- Configure product specifications in accordance with AB standards
- Manipulate census and existing benefit data for importation
- Configure and schedule production reporting, including EDI parameters for AB production files
- Issue resolution for profile file issues
- Responsible for issue resolution for our customers with technical issues
- Collaborate closely with internal business areas, field sales distribution, implementation, finance, compliance, underwriting, new business, customer service and IT, to effectively recognize and solve case level enrollment strategy issues and corporate initiatives
- Bachelors preferred in the Computer Science or business related fields
- Excellent written and oral skills required
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in case set up for enrollment of employee benefits
- Project management skills – 3 to 5 years’ experience managing multiple projects
- Knowledge and understanding of the voluntary benefit enrollment process
- Advance Knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Excel, Access, J-Script or Java in order to manage data in the enrollment process
- Advance skills in data testing, auditing, analysis and reporting
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.