The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Claim Professional Development Program Internship - Charlotte
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Travelers Claim Intern program provides qualified candidates an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand business experience, receive valuable on-the-job training, to contacting clients, determining coverage, scoping of losses and completing damage estimates.
The intent of this position is to provide our 2020 CPDP Summer Interns the ability to apply to our 2021 CPDP Summer Internship opportunities. Applications outside of this audience will not be considered at this time. However, for additional positions posted at a later date we encourage anyone who was not a Summer Intern between June 2020-August 2020 to apply at that time.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Internship includes:
- On-boarding of Travelers systems and protocols.
- Exposure to Personal and Business Insurance claims of basic to moderate complexity.
- Learn and understand effective strategies for investigating, negotiating and resolving claims thoroughly, accurately and efficiently.
- Develop knowledge of what happened, estimating damage, determining what coverages apply and helping our customers through the process.
- Observe the work of the Claim Professional through desk and ride alongs with experienced employees.
- Work with a designated coach to develop knowledge of claims through core assignments.
- Complete challenging and meaningful project work.
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Approximate work availability from June through August (10-12 weeks) required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- For the CPDP Internship, we are most interested in students who are serious about entering the insurance industry and who are excited about the prospect of making Claim their future career choice.
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Business Administration
- Liberal Arts (with business focus preferred)
- Business Management
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Undergraduate students completing their freshman year preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.