The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Forensic Accountant - CPA, Claim
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryProvides high profile quality professional accounting support services to the Travelers Claim Organizations countrywide on complex, high exposure, time element and fidelity insurance claims.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconstruct, review and analyze insured accounting records and financial statements for claim professionals relative to large property claim insurance claims involving time element and fidelity losses ranging from $100,000 to $5,000,000.
- Collaborates with claim professionals, insureds, attorneys, finance and outside accounting resources to quantify and evaluate damages or losses sustained.
- Counsels field-based property insurance claim professionals on unique issues involved in particular time element and fidelity insurance claims.
- Identifies skill development needs of field-based property insurance claim professionals.
- Develops instructional tools to enhance the skills of property claim professionals in handling time element and fidelity insurance claims.
- Designs, creates and presents training material to claim professionals through classroom and individual instruction.
- Assists in the management and evaluation of outside accountant resources, catastrophe losses, peer training and customer service communication efforts.
- Participates in CAT response, providing: resource coordination, calculation service, expert review, training, and orientation.
- Bachelors or masters degree in accounting is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of public accounting and auditing experience.
- Certified Public Accountant designation required.
- Must hold an active/valid CPA license, and maintain a minimum of 40 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) annually.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer system and application proficiency (e.g., Excel, Word, Access, Power Point).
- Quantitative analysis:
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong communications skills
- Requires travel averaging 10 to 15% of the time.
- Must have the ability to work individually and as a team and manage own workload.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.