The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Paralegal will work in the Legal Solutions Center and assist attorneys and compliance professionals in all aspects of legal and compliance work and file management including legal research, drafting and review of documents and collection of information relevant to issues which the legal services staff are working on. The position may review and analyze various reports, responses and records.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and analyze law sources such as insurance statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions and legal codes and produce summaries and charts for use by attorney.
- Draft routine legal documents for review and use by attorneys.
- Categorize and interpret data; review, analyze and produce reports.
- Draft procedures and processes to assist with the timely completion of legal and compliance work.
- Respond directly to internal clients on discrete issues.
- Participate in special administrative and legal and compliance projects as requested.
- Minimum 2 years paralegal experience required.
- Associates Degree required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Paralegal Certificate from An ABA-Certified program preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Superior interpersonal skills to conduct interviews and investigations and communicate with other legal and compliance professionals.
- Superior grammar and writing skills.
- Knowledge of law office procedures and local court/jurisdiction rules and procedures.
- Resourceful research and analytical skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Proficient in Westlaw and LexisNexis online research.
- Experienced with Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.