The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryDue to the current pandemic, this position will initially be working from home. Once the pandemic restrictions are lifted, this position will return to the office: 707 W. Main Ave, Spokane, WA. 99201.
No Prior Insurance Experience Needed! Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life starting day one as well as 401K with company match, pension plan and paid time off.
This entry level position embodies Travelers' mission to help provide peace of mind for our customers. Our Customer Service Representative is the first to give customers the assurance they need for life's unpredictable moments. By handling inbound calls from our existing customers, our Customer Service Representative is able to build and maintain effective relationships with our customers and provide support to those who need it most. This role may assist customers and agents with quotes, policy inquires and changes, address insurance billing questions or handle inquiries on technical support.
This rewarding opportunity is not the only perk: access to great benefits, collaborative work environments, plus job growth and development all contribute to a fulfilling career with Travelers. We are hiring for M-F 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM work schedule with one Saturday per month. There will be a 12-week paid training program. We offer a competitive starting salary of $40,000 with additional bonus potential!
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration. This job works under direct supervision and does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Based on customer situation, provide policy options such as additional deductible, basic coverages and discounts in Spanish and English.
- Responds to customers/agents requests for quotes or changes to existing policies in Spanish and English.
- Reviews cancellations and reinstatements and makes appropriate decisions to resolve with guidance.
- Resolves service-related complaints and complex calls (Spanish and English) with guidance from others on more complex calls.
- Assist customers with simple intent calls in Spanish and English.
- Acts as online billing systems and agency portal website expert to provide proactive agency and customer support in Spanish and English.
- Identifies new business opportunities driven by customer/agent request where appropriate, which includes both coverage and product. New business requests will be transferred as appropriate.
- Ensures current and complete documentation of account notes in English.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Fluent in Spanish language-required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Some college preferred.
- Prior insurance and/or call center experience a plus.
- Resident Property and Casualty or Personal Lines Insurance License preferred
Licensing or Certificates
- Ability to successfully complete training by meeting expectations for assessments, knowledge checks and applying content.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical knowledge:
- Solid math and analytical skills.
- Strong keyboard skills and system navigation experience.
- Customer service:
- Able to meet quality and customer experience expectations.
- Ability to diffuse and assist irate callers.
- Communication skills:
- Exceptional oral and written communication, keyboard, and system navigation skills.
- Problem solving and decision making: Good decision making skills to handle requests, resolve issues and develop risk based on company guidelines.
- Seeks assistance on non-routine matters
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.