Claims Service Specialist
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
Allstate has an opportunity for a Claims Service Specialist in Coppell, TX!
The Support Function is responsible for assisting claims professionals or a Field office by performing analysis or activities related to customer satisfaction, loss, and expense management, or other claim activity. Support may include clerical data entry, processing claims, medical, and witness report requests, filing paper documents, processing claims payments, and performing word processing. Support also may include obtaining first notice of loss reports from claimant/agent via telephone/fax/mail/internet.
This job processes non-complex, non-technical claim related activities within established quality, productivity and process standards on specific losses as directed by management or a claim adjuster. The individual handles a single line of claims or a combination of claims from different segments. The individual is expected to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention.
Please note that this position required a high volume of outbound calls. The starting shift for the position will be 10AM-7PM.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Performs clerical duties, including data entry, filing paper documents, email, calendar management, and word processing
- Handles claim files (locates/requests files, files paperwork, reconstructs missing files, moves misfiled documents, sends to other offices, etc.)
- Retrieves, prints, faxes, or mails supporting documentation to vendors or others as directed
- Provides back-up for any support functions in the office
- Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
- Contacts or receives contact from customers or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
- Generates and sends appropriate forms to insured/claimant for completion
- Processes claims payments
- Completes all necessary forms, logs documents into the system, and routes them to the appropriate parties
- High School Diploma or equivalent with previous experience in either customer service and/or a professional work environment
- Good organization skills with timely follow-up skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Performs routine tasks of basic complexity under general supervision
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.