Administrative Assistant to District Leader - Downtown Chicago
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The scope of this position is to provide administrative support to our Regional Sales Leader and staff. Your proactive assistance in this fast paced environment will be capitalized on. This role requires independent judgment performed under general direction, using procedures standard to the organization. Daily work includes both routine tasks and special projects.
- Ability to prioritize work, solve problems and organize own time with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced communication skills are required to initiate oral and written responses to inquiries regarding processes.
- Must be able to work in a confidential fast paced environment
- Manage phones, maintain calendars/follow-up systems, e-mail.
- Schedule meetings/rooms, equipment, and refreshments: secure travel arrangements and submit expense reports as needed
- Create presentations and documents utilizing basic grammar, spelling and format skills. This includes but is not limited to organization charts, phone listing, employee listings
- Handling multiple demands on an on-going basis including familiar situations, sensitive information and some high level contact
- Process incoming mail, order and stock supplies; maintain mailroom, copy and Fax machines
- Administrative support to the Senior Managers and department (project updates, database updates and reports)
- Taking initiative, using good judgment, understand deadlines, and carrying multiple projects through to completion with an ability to work independently under general direction, prioritize work, and ask for further clarification when necessary.
2 years plus administrative experience preferred
Strong Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Proficient Internet and Intranet navigation
Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, flexibility, adaptability
Strong oral and written communication skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.