Direct Channel - Manager
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The Direct Channel Marketing manager will develop and execute conversion-driving marketing to drive insurance quotes and new policies on allstate.com and 1-800-Allstate, as Allstate aims to grow its direct channel exponentially. The manager will develop and manage the integrated marketing acquisition strategy and plan, including constant media, messaging and creative testing and optimization across tactics. This position works across multiple Marketing centers of excellence to execute the plan, including finance, strategy, research, performance media, one-to-one lead gen, SEO, digital/web engagement, social, creative and measurement & analytics. She/he will work with the brand advertising team to ensure approach and messaging is on brand and that Allstate elicits a full-funnel consumer experience. Importantly, the manager will assist the direct channel marketing director to ensure marketing plan is in sync with business goals and product, pricing, technology and other business processes.Key Responsibilities
- Execute plan to drive exponential insurance policy growth in the direct/digital channel; lead roadmap of plans across short-terms and long-term schedule.
- Manage campaign effectiveness and ROI of retargeting and acquisition campaigns across digital and non-digital marketing channels.
- Identify opportunities to develop new channels and/or expand existing channels for customer acquisition.
- Integrate with consumer marketing for support on product messaging priorities, creative development and brand/campaign integration, an work closely with Web and Call Center sales teams to ensure a cohesive experience for consumers throughout the purchase journey.
- Coordinate and gain leverage from digital analytics and measurement team to identify new audiences based on data/segmentation and to support campaign analysis and optimization; review results and optimize daily.
- Assist in driving effectiveness existing lower funnel online and offline plans, making recommendations for improvement.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field; MBA/master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in B2C e-commerce marketing, particularly leading digital acquisition for a consumer retail business
- Experience managing conversion-driving marketing campaigns in a competitive consumer market
- Demonstrated strength in execution and analysis
- Strong teamwork and ability to collaborate well with many stakeholders
- Desire to learn, grow and contribute to the success of the Allstate direct business
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills (high EQ)
- Digital/Social Marketing (understands how to execute)
- Strong experience presenting to and working directly with executive level leadership
- Global view, comfortable with diversity and complexity (culturally aware)
- Influencing skills (proven ability to persuade others; nuanced decision thinking)
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution)
- Innovative (imaginative thinking)
- Organizational leadership and team development (leads through influence)
- Listening skills (listen first, then respond)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.