UX Strategist/Conversation Designer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The User Experience & Design (UXD) organization is a multi-disciplinary service organization that designs user interactions and experiences through systems and services that provide an overall positive, engaging, and productive experience. The organization is comprised of UX Architects, Visual Designers, Creative Technologists, Product Designers, Content Strategists and UX Writers who come together to produce delightful experiences.
UX Architects are responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions. This role is unique in its emphasis on conversation design (including voice and chat) and creating consistent, innovative experiences across channels.
As a conversation design expert, this role is responsible for leading the UX conversation design practice, leveling up the team’s skills and applying user-centered design methods to frame and deliver the experience of high complexity and strategic conversation design products and initiatives. This person serves as the steward for the user experience while championing ideas and designs that improve business results and exceed end user needs.
- Guide UX practitioners currently working on experiences in the conversation design space
- Work closely with business and technical partners across Allstate to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities in an agile development environment
- Ability to design & envision future experiences iteratively in a dynamic environment by being mindful of how the experience needs to evolve over time
- Use design thinking methods to iterate through concepts that can be tested and validated with users
- Leverage data and user feedback to drive and influence design decisions
- Create customer journeys, storyboards and prototypes that communicate innovative concepts
- Considerate of and focused on conceiving and delivering fantastic end-to-end, multi-modal experiences, with appreciation of flow, context, micro-interactions, performance, and tone
- Lead and evangelize conversation design best practices and guidelines to ensure a consistent experience across the Allstate brand
- Work collaboratively with other UXD practitioners (UX Architects, Visual Designers, Content Strategist), technologists, and management on interaction design principles and best practices
- 7+ years as a UX designer, UX writer, content strategist with significant experience as a conversation designer in highly collaborative environments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in: Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Linguistics, English, Information Sciences, Psychology, and/or Human Factors
- Experience in building user-centric conversation experiences (voice or chat) in an agile environment
- Extremely passionate and knowledgeable about conversation design, interaction design and information architecture as disciplines
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Proficient in Axure, Botmock, or other prototyping tools
- Understands the constraints of technology platforms: Natural Language Processing, Responsive Web, and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Ability to communicate and present concepts both verbally and visually
- Must be able to share work that conveys depth and breadth of previous design work
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.