Sr. User Experience Researcher
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
Job Family SummaryThe User Experience (UX) Research is a group within marketing that includes a variety of consumer insights, analytics, and competitive intelligence disciplines. UX Research serves as the connection point between market & consumer research and the User Experience (UX) organization, a multi-disciplinary services group made up of researchers, strategists, information architects, visual designers, content strategists, UI engineers, and product designers that come together to design delightful experiences for Allstate customers and agency staff.
UX Research brings visibility to end-user needs and goals through creative design of data collection and analysis methods, coupled with socialization techniques that engage stakeholders in empathy building and drive the uptake and application of user research findings.
UX Research performs descriptive, generative, and evaluative research as business and design needs dictate according to the phases of product development.
The Sr. UX Researcher will be supporting a strategic business unit within Allstate that is transforming the way Allstate serve customers.
Job SummaryThe Sr. UX Researcher will be working with an ambitious and creative product team representing UX architecture, visual design, content strategy, product, development, and behavioral science. The Sr. UX Researcher will be responsible for designing and aligning research activities with the product roadmap, and for delivering agent and consumer insights to inform the discovery, design, and evaluation of next gen sales tools and collateral.
The Sr. UX Researcher will independently plan, recruit for, and conduct research activities using a variety of methodologies and tools; will conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis, and will develop reports that contextualize user research findings within the larger business and development strategy.
The Sr. UX Researcher will work primarily onsite at the Allstate Northbrook campus to ensure close collaboration with key UX team members. Some incidental domestic travel may be involved, including local travel by car to field sites when applicable.Key Responsibilities
Create research objectives that are aligned with product roadmap and business goals.
-Create project plans and artifacts that describe UX research efforts, timelines, and outcomes.
-Design, prepare for, and conduct research activities to gather user expectations for and feedback on workflows, value propositions, and interaction design hypotheses.
-Leverage partnerships with analytics and other research disciplines within Allstate to independently investigate and gather relevant evidence for design direction, where needed.
-Work with the UX research manager to develop and implement UX KPIs around a product.
-Engage peers and other team members in data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- At least five years of relevant experience within a behavioral research function; interdisciplinary design and research background preferred.
- Four-year degree (Master’s preferred) in Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental/Social Psychology, Cognitive Science, Sociology, or related field.
- Strong experience with design research, lean UX methods, design thinking, and ideation methods.
- Reliable test-plan management, skillful session facilitation, and clarity in communicating research methods and outcomes.
- Demonstrated competence with moderated and remote unmoderated usability testing, A/B testing, cognitive walkthroughs, task and workflow analysis, discovery research, and gathering qualitative and quantitative measures using design artifacts at any level of fidelity.
- Facility with generating and applying frameworks to organize research findings and provide decision framing for different stakeholder audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build rapport, establish credibility.
- Thrives as an independent contributor in a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to structure and lead team discussions about research findings and implications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.