Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
The User Experience (UX) Research team is a group within marketing that includes but not limited to disciplines of strategy, consumer insights, data analytics, program measurements, and competitive intelligence disciplines. UX Research serves as the connection point between market & consumer research and the User Experience (UX) organization, a multi-disciplinary services group made up of researchers, strategists, information architects, visual designers, content strategists, UI engineers, and product designers that come together to design delightful experiences for Allstate customers and agency staff. UX Researchers collaborate with stakeholders in uncovering unmet needs, delights, and opportunity spaces to inform the designs of meaningful user experiences with Allstate products, services, digital devices & systems.
The User Experience Researcher will be supporting Product Operations within Allstate that is transforming the product experience for the customers. The UX researcher will execute a variety of UX research methods ranging from contextual inquiry, in-depth interviews to interface evaluations and usability testing. This position will either work independently or work within a team on larger projects and contribute to the planning, recruiting, and execute portions of the research, analysis and reporting of insights and recommendations. The UX researcher will also serve as an advocate to help promote UX Research across the company through coaching, mentorship or training.
- Create journey maps, user profiles, user cases/scenarios, and personas that are aligned with project and business goals
- Independently plan, conduct, facilitate, and manage both generative and evaluative testing including contextual inquiry, ethnographies, diary studies, iterative design evaluations, usability testing, intercepts, mock-up interviews, heuristic reviews, cognitive walkthroughs, ideations, and team workshops
- Leverage customer analytic capabilities in conjunction with primary research techniques to inform UX design and problem solving
- Work with the UX research manager along with UX & business partners to create roadmaps of research activities to proactively anticipate business needs and priorities for research, conduct, and adjust research activities to better meet business objectives
- Assist in defining and refining UX research processes and promote the importance of such activities to ensure execution
- Train and support other members of the enterprise to learn and adopt User Centered Research Principles and Techniques as needed
- Three to five years of relevant experience within a behavioral economics, User Experience (UX) interdisciplinary design & research function required
- Skillful with planning, executing, and managing both generative and evaluative usability research activities and processes
- Proficient with design research, lean UX methods, design thinking, cognitive walkthrough, heuristic evaluations, and ideation and workshop facilitations
- Demonstrated competence with creating analytical frameworks to distill and communicate insights and recommendations to UX and business partners in a succinct manner
- Experience training peers and other team members in proper testing and reporting techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility, thrives as an independent contributor in a highly collaborative work environment
- Comfortable with ambiguities, problem solving, and guiding team toward decision making by applying user-centered design research principles
- Experience with Google/Adobe Analytics, Web Trends, UserZoom, Validately, Smaply, JIRA, Slack, and other usability testing and analytical software
- Naturally curious, empathetic, humble and passionate about product design and research.
- Four year degree (Master’s preferred) in Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental/Social Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field, or combined education and equivalent work experience
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.