The Travelers Companies, Inc.
User Experience Lead- Customer Experience Design
Posted on Dec 15 Hartford, CT 225 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision, is self-directed and works independently on a program of work that is typically large scaled and of high complexity. UX lead partners with a collaborative, cross-functional team to research, design and usability test digital experiences.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the key point of accountability for UX efforts at the program level. Advocates for user-centered design approaches.
- Helps to recruit and grow a team of outstanding UX professionals by providing vision, coaching, and mentorship.
- Helps to create a dynamic team environment by fostering collaboration, experimentation, agility, and vigorous inquiry, while maintaining high expectations and attention to detail.
- Helps to create and evolve design systems and best practices that account for user needs and context, while reinforcing brand values and standards.
- Ensures adherence to UX guidelines across programs and projects.
- Sets UX resource allocation during ideation, prioritization, development, and quality assurance phases of projects and programs.
- Ensures research, visual design, information architecture, and interaction design roles are adequately resourced.
- Plans and conducts user research, usability testing efforts, and competitive research and analysis. Reports research findings to stakeholders. Translates these findings into design solutions.
- Creates and oversees delivery of artifacts that include personas, journey maps, user workflows, information architecture, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, within project timelines and budgets.
- May manage vendor relationships for outsourced UX activities.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, psychology, human factors, social sciences or related field or 5 years of User Experience work experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typical incumbent experience level 8+ years
- Experience advocating for user design at an organizational level.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity or basic understating of web-based technologies.
- Experience with wireframing/ prototyping software.
- Expert in conducting end user research and interviews
- Proven ability to instill usability as a core value within a large organization's culture.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.