Marketing - Strategy - Lead Consultant
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.Key Responsibilities
- Develop a strong understanding of our departmental and enterprise goals/objectives to ensure that deliverables ‘speak’ in the language of key stakeholders
- Maintain an awareness of key performance measures (both internal and external), and actively seek to incorporate these in deliverables to provide contextual relevance
- Facilitate strong decision making by crafting and delivering (both in written and oral form) executive-level communications
- Establish rapport with key stakeholders and seek to function as a trusted advisor
- Influence and contribute to strategic direction by developing and maintaining an informal network across the organization to more fully inform perspectives and viewpoints
- Partner with other members of the Strategy team to proactively develop position papers on key and/or emerging topics for leadership
- Divide key deliverables into manageable workstreams for more junior team colleagues and provide appropriate guidance to ensure completion
- Focus on providing mentoring and opportunities to accelerate the professional development of team members
- Codify and disseminate best practices for communication across the broader Strategy team
- Elevate communication capabilities across the Marketing organization by hosting upskilling workshops
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position may have line management responsibilities (e.g. workload balancing, goal setting, performance evaluation) for 1-2 consultantsJob Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree; fields with a quantitative bent (e.g. Economics, Finance, etc.) preferred
- 4-6 years of experience working in a strategy function with experience supporting multiple stakeholders
- Management consulting experience strongly preferred, with prior exposure to the insurance industry a significant plus
- Ability to put structure around broad business topics / questions and develop end-to-end frameworks to address complex topics / questions
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, with the ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and create a concise and well-written narrative
- Intellectual curiosity and agility that lends itself to the ability to leverage information from multiple sources to triangulate and synthesize information and develop actionable insights
- Proclivity for pushing the envelope and seeking to disrupt the status quo
- Comfort operating in a dynamic environment with multiple workstreams in-flight simultaneously
- Ability to think "big picture" while also possessing the ability to break the to-do’s into manageable initiatives
- Organizational and time management skills – manages through ambiguity and time or resource constraints, prioritizes multiple projects to effectively meet deadlines
- Motivated self-starter with an aptitude for identifying opportunities and taking decisive action to drive progress
- Demonstrates an ability to think like an owner, and brings an entrepreneurial spirit to the team
- Commitment to continuous professional development and improvement (of self and others) and to the achievement of business results
- Active listener who seeks to understand multiple perspectives
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.