Willis Towers Watson
Structured Reinsurance Analyst - REACH Program (University)
Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity
Welcome to Willis Re!
Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses. Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism. We bring together advanced analytics, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation to client on how their risk portfolios impact performance and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results.
For more information on Willis Re and the reinsurance industry, visit Willis Re Careers.
About this Role
Willis Re brings together advanced analytics, risk transfer, and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation on how risk portfolios impact performance and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results for our clients.
As a Financial Analysis Analyst, you will be immersed in all aspects of front-line work for our insurance clients from early in your career, including:
- Understanding, analyzing, and designing structured reinsurance financial products
- Evaluating the benefit of transactions on client’s earning, capital requirements, and operations
- Preparing pitch documents and presentation materials for new and existing clients
- Assisting in the marketing, negotiation, placing, and servicing of client accounts, working with people at all levels within the client’s organization
- Data analysis in partnership with our financial advisory and actuarial teams
- Working with contract wordings and supporting the finalization of reinsurance transactions
You will also have the opportunity for:
- Domestic or global travel, as required
- Increasing opportunities for client interaction and responsibility as your experience and capabilities evolve
- Participation in the REACH learning program & support for industry qualifications
Willis Re also supports CFA Level I once industry qualifications are achieved.
As part of a fast-evolving and global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals.
Willis Re’s two-year foundational learning program (REACH) will take you through from day one of your career until you reach the two-year mark. This program is unique in the reinsurance industry and is set up to compete with the best training programs available across financial services.
- Both in-person and virtual learning modules led by expert facilitators and subject matter experts
- A multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance models as well as a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client-facing skills training
- Sponsorship by the Willis Re executive team, and support from a wide network of mentors and peer buddies to support your networking and career development
- Opportunities to travel to meet and learn with your class
- Full sponsorship and support to achieve professional qualifications such as Are and others as applicable
This foundational programme is part of Willis Re’s world class Learning Academy, which supports career development for all of our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
Are you the right fit for Willis Re?
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, which is why we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment enriched by our people, our clients and the communities in which we work. We create a culture of engagement and respect by demonstrating inclusive behaviors throughout our inclusion networks. We encourage and welcome applications from any degree discipline/ major and all universities/colleges.
If you have an appetite to learn and succeed, an ability to build technical knowledge, with a passion for building and maintaining relationships… start your career at Willis Re!
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a 3.0 or higher graduating GPA – preferred backgrounds include finance, economics, accounting, mathematics, risk management, engineering and sciences
- Enthusiasm and interest to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Ability to communicate and build strong internal and external relationships
- Strong mathematical, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Desire and drive to take on early responsibility and work well on a team
All candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future.
EOE, including disability/vets