Willis Towers Watson
Investment Specialist – Analyst
The Role :
The focus of the role is on project management within the Manager Onboarding Team.
This position will be responsible for coordinating the review and execution of investment documentation for the implementation of investment managers for our institutional pension client portfolios. Hiring investment managers involves the responsibility of reviewing and executing several formal agreements. The Investment Analyst will coordinate legal and investment review activities to assist the Implementation Team with its portfolio activities.
As a member of the Operations Team, you will initiate efficient processes for reviewing and implementing agreements on behalf of our institutional pension clients. The role requires the ability to collaborate on cross-functional teams with colleagues from all levels, while effectively communicating opinions and ideas in a succinct and coherent manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Incorporate key details in the preparation of agreements, and related documentation pertaining to investing the assets of retirement plans with investment managers.
- Review client documents (including plan documents, trust agreements, investment policies) as it relates to the AML (anti-money laundering)/KYC (know your customer) process.
- Effectively communicate with fund managers, custodians, and other external parties involved to ensure all agree on a trade timeline.
- Learn about the wider investment consulting business by gaining exposure to numerous facets of the industry and have opportunities to work with multiple different teams within the organization.
- Develop collaborative relationships and openly communicate on work matters with internal teams.
- Effectively interact with internal teams to keep them informed on progress and ensure they carry out any required actions.
- Previous experience in an investment operations role would be useful, but is not essential
- Undergraduate Degree
- Project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Team-player with the ability to fit seamlessly into the wider practice
- Understanding of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, but also cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to liaise with third-party organizations and with all levels of staff within the practice
Please note that as part of our recruitment process, any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory background checks.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
EOE, including disability/vets