Willis Towers Watson
We’re looking for a data scientist to drive our data science and analytics group forward! You’ll be joining a group of curious, smart, technically minded yet business savvy data scientists and analysts looking to make a difference to the company by designing and building out our data decisioning capabilities from the ground up!
As a data scientist, you’ll work collaboratively with our business, operations, marketing, and IT teams. You’ll be responsible for analyzing our data and executing projects that will inform our business strategy and embed into our data products.
Our ideal candidate is excited to join our fast-paced culture and is excited to contribute to our growing data science practice!
What you’ll do:
• Dig into our data to find leverage in our business. This includes data wrangling, data cleaning, and exploratory analysis
• Execute new projects and develop predictive models that inform our data products and / or business strategy
• Work cross functionally with different stakeholders across the business and join meetings to learn about other parts of the company and present your findings
• Act as a subject matter expert with all things data
What you need to be successful:
• 2+ years of experience in a data science role, building predictive algorithms and data products ideally related to marketing, business operations, or customer retention
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as decision forests, logistic regression, k-means clustering, etc.
• Ability to communicate findings clearly and deep understanding of your current business
• Excellent technical ability, including proficiency with Python, SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
• Experience with big data platform (i.e. Hadoop)
• Intensely curious – always asking questions and not being OK with the status quo. Obsessed with making things better and more efficient.
• A lifelong learner that is excited to learn new data science technologies and apply those to technologies to our business
• Ability to be objective and follow the facts, cut through noise and create a story with data.
• Strong organizational skills including time management
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing
• BS/MS in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.)