Willis Towers Watson
IT Support Technician
The Support Technician is the first line of support for all internal desktop, laptop and other device management and maintenance. He/She is responsible for interacting and supporting all users that you are assigned to so that you resolve all desktop related issues that arise in a responsible, efficient and timely manner. This position requires on-call support to perform maintenance activities during non-business hours. This position reports to the Director of IT Services and Support.
Work Hours:The person in this role is expected to be available for a variety of shifts ranging from 8 AM - 5 PM to 12 PM - 9 PM dependent upon business needs. Each technician will have a turn at being on-call, inlcuding weekends.
The specific responsibilities of the IT Desktop Support include;
• Utilize a ticket system for issue/problem response, logging and resolution
• Provide first level diagnosis for potential resolution for hardware and software issues
• Provide users with status of open tickets upon request
• Face-to-Face and phone/virtual support with sales agents up to Executive team members
• Receive and re-deploy employee equipment daily
• Assist with desktop/laptop imaging and audio/visual requests, as needed
• Perform equipment moves or equipment upgrades, as required
• Perform physical repairs for equipment failures
• Execute physical inventories, reconciliation, record keeping daily
• Administrate/own workstation patching via SCCM (System Center)
• Process intermediate Active Directory tasks up to and including terminations and new hires
• Connect new workstations to network and host systems
• Any other activities assigned by your manager
What you need to be successful
• Proven experience utilizing Microsoft Service Center (SCCM)
• Experience working both Face-to-Face and phone / virtual technical support
• Experience working with a variety of employee roles/departments.
• Intermediate to Expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint/O365)
• Proven experience utilizing Active Directory in a multitude of scenarios
• Functional knowledge of Power Shell scripting
• Self-motivator that manages time well and can manage multiple demanding projects concurrently
* Proven analytical problem-solving skills
• Excellent customer service skills and
a heightened drive to succeed above and beyond the call of duty
What we would LOVE to see!
• Service Center (SCCM) certified
• Proven experience with remote support / phone support as well as face-to-face technical support.
• Proven experience utilizing/building Power Shell scripting to automate simple tasks
• Proven experience working under pressure requiring high attention to detail and communication.