Product Feature Designer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Corporation is the nation’s largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Allstate sells and services personal insurance products. Allstate is looking for bright motivated individuals to join their team. Individuals will work with clients, developers, technology leaders and business analysts to develop, enhance and maintain a complex large-scale web application platform for selling and servicing insurance policies for multiple business units. This is a great opportunity to join Allstate's Product Management Ecosystem team and work on technology critical to core Transformative Growth initiatives.
The Product Feature Designers will provide technical leadership from inception through rollout, creating high-level technical requirements and designs to develop and support optimal IT solutions by applying knowledge of business processes and align to systems architecture. The Feature Designers reviews and evaluates mitigation efforts for design constraints and/or risks and leads design reviews to develop and support optimal IT solutions.
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Participates in the high-level technical design for one or more highly-complex Product Management Ecosystem features efforts by analyzing and tracing designs to requirements (business and functional) and systems architecture
- Participates in the creation of roadmaps, design reviews, and performing analysis for a portfolio of applications
- Understands the technical details, integration, and functions of multiple applications, hardware, and/or software within a team.
- Applies technology and business experience to identify and define strategic information technology needs across all major business functions in respective area of expertise
- Participates in identifying and implementing industry standards and best practices in technical design.
- Participates in major change analysis activities
- Collaborates with appropriate parties to resolve complex change control issues.
- College degree with technical study or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of systems experience.
- Experience of technical design and creating design artifacts.
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) such as Jenkins, Concourse CI and/or Gradle
- Experience with Developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP) and APIs
- Experience with Web, database, integration technologies, integrated testing.
- Experience of root cause analysis.
- Individual must be a team player.
- Source Control Management (preferably Git/GitHub)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
Compensation and Benefits include:
- The minimum salary for this position is $90,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
- Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Learn more about Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.