Agile Product Manager/Owner, Remote/Home Based
Posted on Mar 24 Northbrook, IL 389 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The information Technology Product Management team defines, delivers, and manages the lifecycle of one or more products in Allstate’s growing and revolutionary Allstate Technology's product portfolio. We want to ensure that we are building the start of the art technologies. This role will create KPIs that act as indicators for success. They collaboratively work with Product Teams to deliver digital products. The team practices methodologies and follows principles put forth by the lean startup and lean enterprise movements. The team puts the system user at the center of everything they do; ensuring that users receive the most value out of the products being developed. Allstate is seeking a person focused on leading digital products that will shape the future of our Claims process. If that is you, then apply now!
The Product Manager will contribute to the defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of one product in Allstate’s growing Allstate Technology's product portfolio. The Product Manager provides input for creation of the product vision, product discovery, roadmaps, and backlog to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. The Product Manager helps to identify assumptions and verify those assumptions utilizing product discovery techniques. The Product Manager works directly or indirectly with key stakeholders and partners, ensuring the successful definition and execution of go-to market and communications strategies for their products. Product Manager will actively participate in our learning culture.
- Contribute towards creating the product strategy for one product in our growing digital product portfolio
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to provide insight on decisions about product strategy
- Monitor the success of your efforts through provided metrics to inform the overall product strategy
- Represent the “voice of the customer”; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs and habits
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction
- Provide input on decomposing complex problems into smaller manageable tasks for the creation of a backlog, managed by the Product team
- Assist with managing the product backlog and contribute towards creating an effective vision
- 3+ years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping software.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to contribute towards data-driven decision making on complex and innovative concepts
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in a software development environment
- Ability to mentor team members regarding best practices and processes to utilize
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or applicable work experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.