Willis Towers Watson
Filled: Benefits Outsourcing Software Developer (University)
Posted on Mar 25 Ann Arbor, MI 509 views
Create your future. Our Benefits Outsourcing business provides benefits administration and outsourcing solutions to many of the world’s leading organizations. Our purpose is helping millions of people, one at a time, to optimize today’s health and wealth opportunities for a better tomorrow.
Awards & Recognition:
- The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) has named Willis Towers Watson a leader on the Global Outsourcing 100 since 2011.
- Everest Research named Willis Towers Watson a Star Performer in the Leaders category in 2014, and has recognized Willis Towers Watson as an industry leader since 2010.
- Fortune magazine ranked Willis Towers Watson number one in the diversified outsourcing industry on its annual World’s Most Admired Companies list in 2015.
- Willis Towers Watson has been listed on Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies list since 2012.
Explore an opportunity. BenefitConnect, our proprietary software, is highly sophisticated and user-friendly, built on the .Net framework. We are looking for a developer to customize and maintain this software, and develop new solutions to meet client requirements. In this full-time position you will have the opportunity to develop your technical skills and knowledge of benefit plan design, and employ the most cutting edge tools and resources all while working with top talent in the industry as part of a career path with growth and advancement opportunities.
Role may be based out of any Benefit Outsourcing location. Preference is Ann Arbor, Mt. Laurel, and Minneapolis.
Love your work. Partner with team members on the following performance objectives:
- Systems programming using Visual Studio, C#, and MS SQL Server
- Develop code per detailed specifications using specified programming languages, tools, and techniques under the direction of the project manager or team leader
- Deliver timely unit-tested systems that meet specification functionality requirements
- Work with team to define detailed specifications for specific functionality requirements
- Provide analysis for technical solutions based on functional requirements
- Assist in determining requirements for estimating budgets and timelines
- Provide consultative services on technical issues to clients and internal project teams
- Participate in development of system test plans and troubleshoot technical issues
- Keep abreast of latest developments regarding effective procedures, methods, and tools in software development and testing
- Assist team members in whatever way necessary to reach successful completion of the tasks at hand
- Limited travel may be required at times
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management information systems or related area
- Strong knowledge of Visual Studio, RDBMS, MS SQL Server, Microsoft .NET (especially C#); relevant client-server development experience preferred
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously; strong time management skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment that has tight deadlines
- Ability to learn and evaluate new tools, concepts, and challenges quickly
- Strong client service focus and flexibility in supporting client requests
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Be available, at times, to work extended hours