Willis Towers Watson
Senior Placement Broker
Willis Re currently has an opening for a Senior Placement Broker to support two different team, both operating in the life market. Willis Re is seeking ambitious, analytical broking talent with 5-10+ years of experience. The candidate is responsible for managing assigned client placement efforts, client relationships and the retention and enhancement of those relationships. You understand the client’s individual risk situation and work with the team to develop the solutions based on the specific challenges involved. Operating as a member of a multitude of potential teams’ efforts, you will need to be organized, focused, and be able to assist each team with it’s unique client goals. The work is fast paced, mostly virtual, but requiring strong collaboration and team-work.
EOE, including disability/vets
- Lead project management role on various teams and projects.
- Must be able to set up efficient team organization and be very process oriented.
- Will be accountable for timeliness and completeness of various project deliverables.
- Coordinate and organize initiatives, working with team members and client resources.
- Must be confident in dealing with senior individuals from client organizations, as well as facilitate involvement from other non Willis Re individuals.
- The candidate will be expected to interact with clients in order to successfully complete each transaction, but they should be an independent worker, while still coordinating with other team members and lead brokers.
- Direct junior team members, such as reinsurance analyst (RAs) or client services associates (CSAs) in the maintenance of critical client information and utilizing the content created by the broader account team to keep client and client team informed on developments.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four-Year College or University-Business background preferred and or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of insurance and reinsurance principles including the primary reasons for utilization of reinsurance. Preference to those with either individual or group insurance background.
- 5+ years of insurance and/or reinsurance experience, ideally in underwriting, claims or actuarial. Preference to those with experience in any of the following (life insurance, annuities, long-term care, group life, accident, or other health and supplemental health products). Experience in the financial services industry outside of (re)insurance carriers may also be relevant.
- Independently driven and resourceful. Able to take a little information and know where to find answers and/or information.
- Understanding and commitment to a customer focus from a sales and service viewpoint.
- Able to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams dealing with technical topics.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts and apply quantitative skills
- Excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Strong communication and presentation skills; project management skills a plus.
- Proficient with Information Technology, particularly Microsoft Office Products
- Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking abilities needed
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to take classes/training to enhance technical knowledge and skills.
- Flexibility to travel-up to 10%.
EOE, including disability/vets