Associate Technology Strategy Consultant
Posted on Apr 2 Chicago, IL 9 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Associate Technology Strategy Consultant role sits within Allstate Technology, Services & Ventures (ATSV) – and is integral to driving transformational change forward. You’ll have an opportunity to work at the intersection of business and technology, bringing the right voices, information and thought leadership together to help set the strategic direction for how Allstate will leverage technology to transform our enterprise, creating competitive advantage into the future. And we’ll help you make that impact by helping to develop you as a strategist and leader. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it.
What you get:
- Immersion into leading-edge technology trends and disruptive technologies and an opportunity to help define the strategic path forward within a Fortune 100 enterprise
- The opportunity to use technology to directly shape the future of Allstate and create strategic differentiation
- Regular partnership with, and exposure to, executive leadership across the enterprise
- A platform for leadership development and professional growth
- A collegial, iterative and fast-paced work environment
What you will do:
- Partner with other strategists and enterprise leaders to develop a technology vision, direction, and specific objectives for the enterprise and for targeted organizational areas
- Contribute your knowledge to complex situations, where alternatives are numerous, to support the development of a broad strategic intent and direction
- Support communication of the technology strategy so the organizations is clear about the change required, their role in driving it, are motivated to achieve established goals and have line of the sight between their work and Allstate’s strategies
- Act as a thought leader by developing ideas that have strategic impact and align with broader Enterprise strategies
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of strategy consulting experience (preferred)
- 3+ years of business experience (financial services sector preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree with a differentiated academic track record
- Intrinsic learner, able to quickly come up to speed and become a thought leader on unfamiliar subjects
- Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of ownership and responsibility – with a desire to create and model an environment of accountability within the team
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to frame ambiguous or conceptual problems
- Passion to learn the business of technology, specifically on using technology to guide business strategy
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.