Willis Towers Watson
Junior Business Analyst
The Junior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for assisting with the business case, eliciting requirements from our business partners and to analyze and simplify the requirements. The Junior Business Systems Analyst is also responsible for creating the functional specifications that define the details of the systemic changes we need to make to our products to support the client’s business needs. A successful Junior Business Systems Analyst challenges complexity and provides solutions that are simple and support the long-term maintainability and sustainability of our products.
The specific responsibilities of the Junior Business Systems Analyst include;
• Prepares business and functional requirements for new and existing processes
• Estimates level of effort for the defined scope
• Supports Business Requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis for product and initiatives with respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design, and user interface designs
• Authoring thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of the systems in question, including business requirements, functional requirements, end to end process flows, use cases, and Business System Concept documents
• Obtains signoffs and managing requirements change.
• Maintains a detailed understanding of assigned business process area(s)
• Participates in and contributes positively to work/team environment
• Actively manages Stakeholders of all levels by leading discussions of project scope and approach, and presenting business analysis findings/documentation and proposed solutions
• Ensures that the business and the Development and QA teams fully understand requirements prior to requirements finalization date during release, by conducting walkthroughs of all requirements documents.
• Documents all BA-led meetings with Working Team, Development, and QA to ensure all participants are clear on the discussions and takeaways.
• Reviews QA Test Cases and ensure feedback has been incorporated by QA team prior to functional testing start within each release.
• Coordinates and facilitates cross-application meetings to define business processes and functional requirements
• Performs business process workflow, analysis and re-engineering.
• Defines processing logic and translates high-level business requirements into detailed functional design documents
• Develops and maintains user documentation and instructions for all systems for which he or she is responsible
• Works throughout the development process to ensure that results conform to defined requirements
What you need to be successful:
• 3+ years of Business/Systems Analyst experience in the insurance industry ideally supporting sales and marketing work
• Experience collaborating cross-functionally with different business stakeholders, clients, and teams
• Strong experience with technical documentation (i.e. UML, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Use Cases, Functional Specifications, High Level Design, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Visual modeling skills
• Proven ability to understand business ideas/problems and develop technology solutions enable/solve business ideas/problems
• Ability to understand customer needs and perform sound business analysis work
• Ability to comprehend and translate business requirements into technical specifications
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What we would LOVE to see!
• Project management experience
• Prior applications development experience with Microsoft technologies (i.e. .Net, SQL Server, XML, SOAP, Web services) Experience in digital marketing, sales and call center operations, telephony based marketing and Online Sales systems strongly preferred