Contact Center Associate (Remote - Home Based Worker)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent opportunity for a Remote Home-Based position as a Contact Center Associate attached to Lincoln, NE.
In this vital role, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Put the customer at the center of what you do
- Respond to questions and/or concerns from Allstate customers and home office employees
- Interpret and apply concepts based on company policies and procedures
- Participate in a dynamic team environment that handles incoming complex, sometimes escalated calls
- Build work requests for our processing partners
- Communicate with associates through the phone, email, and work requests
- Research and respond to customer inquiries within service levels
- Work in a collaborative team environment to handle large call volumes
- Able to adhere to call center guidelines and measurements
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and agent information
- Successfully complete required training programs
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding potential interviews and hiring events for this position. Please check your e-mail on a daily basis to include your junk mail in the event the email is not in your inbox.
Compensation and Schedule
Starting Pay $16.00 / hr
- Must be able to work any 8-hour shift between 7:55 am and 7:00 pm Monday through Friday and rotating Saturdays 7:55 am to 4:30pm CST
Our formal education process is broken into 2 phases. After training is completed, you will move to the transition phase
- Shifts are determined through a schedule bidding process, or as business needs dictate and are based on performance results
*** Class Start Date in June 17, 2021 ***
Technical and Security Requirements
Standard Technical Requirements
- Home Internet service must be stable
- 50 Mbps Download and 5 Mbps upload internet service packages
- Access to hardwire (plug-in) ethernet/network cable to your modem/router during your shift
- Wifi connection is not allowed
- Cannot use satellite, hotspots, MIFI devices, wireless AC wall plug-in extenders, repeaters, boosters and/or pods
- Space for Desktop equipment and 2 monitors – Allstate will provide all equipment
Information Security requirements
- Minimum Requirements – (summary, not all inclusive)
- Established or Dedicated Work area at home, ensuring:
- No one can see your screens, keyboards or Allstate documents
- Area is located where no one can overhear your conversations
- Free from potential hazards affecting equipment (e.g. pets, plants, water, etc.)
- Workspace is not vulnerable to theft
- Free from distractions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of insurance contracts, procedures and customer service philosophies
- Effectively use multiple computer systems, phones, and other technologies at a time.
- Ability to support a service culture through great quality and efficiency, even when work volume is high
- Requires attention to detail and a sincere dedication to servicing the field force, policy holders, co-workers and other home office personnel
- Ability to empathize with, actively listen to, deal sensitively and professionally with customers and agents
- Excellent intuitive and analytical skills to review cases and determine solutions to requests
- Provide value added services by building, revising and improving processes to focus on delivering the best customer and producer experience
- Requires excellent organizational and prioritization skills, and the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to shifting priorities, as well as a strong dedication to providing exceptional customer service
- Work independently displaying good judgment and analytical skills
- Ability to work schedule demands and requirements
- Prefer 2+ years of customer service experience.
- High School Diploma/GED
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.