Human Resources Business Partner
Posted on Apr 13 Northbrook, IL 463 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The HR Business Partner role is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides Human Resources support to our Global Technology, Ventures, Procurement and Real Estate & Admin teams. This role is core in executing our people initiatives, providing excellent support to employees and managers, coaching leaders and driving HR programs and process improvement. Working closely with our COEs in Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Compensation, D&I and HR Operations, this role is a leadership partner that is critical to the success of the company.
Successful candidate will be considered an integral stakeholder in supporting a diverse client group, working directly with leadership teams across various sub-departments, such as Software Engineering, Program Management, Hardware Engineering, Security, Data, Product Management and Product Design. The ideal candidate will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate an amazing and innovative culture. Fostering high performing teams and developing best in class leaders are critical components of success in this role.
The HR Business Partner will help to design and maintain a large organization that delivers game changing technology that shakes up the insurance industry. Being at the center means that you’ll have the opportunity to play strategic partner, thought leader, guidance counselor and performance coach. Working directly with the technology leadership team on a variety of people initiatives, including: workforce planning, organizational design and effectiveness, change management, internal mobility, talent planning, etc.
- Operate as a consultant to management and provide daily HR guidance
- Build credibility within the Technology organization and across the broader HR team, creating a space where employees and senior leaders feel comfortable approaching you directly, and ensuring visibility within assigned client groups and the broader HR team
- Provide HR programmatic support, thought partnership, and coaching to all levels of the organization
- Manage and facilitate organizational design and development, leadership coaching, and team building that support change and growth
- Drive a company culture of passion, trust, accountability and engagement through HR programs that support strong business results and employee engagement
- Deep understanding of rapidly changing work environments and cultures, must be confident and able to thrive in ambiguous and high growth environments, and be able to engage and drive value pro-actively
- Analyzing the "pulse" of the organization to ensure a high level of employee engagement and creative strategies to address focus areas
- Help maintain a high-performance culture by coaching leadership teams to improve their effectiveness through organizational design and development
- Ability to solve problems and identify root causes of various complex issues and design quickly implementable solutions across geographies
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and desire to achieve excellence
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
Human Capital Planning– allocate and deploy human capital to maximize talent investment and drive superior execution for a subset of a business unit or shared service
- Develop specific initiatives/actions within the broader established framework
- Understand and manage near-term and long-term workforce supply and demand, ensuring an uninterrupted flow of skills and capabilities that are critical to the business strategy
- Identify and deploy critical and top talent within the organization
Talent Management– attract, develop, motivate and retain key talent to support business growth imperatives in conjunction with the human capital plan
- Lead talent assessment, segmentation, development, succession management and reward efforts to ensure a robust talent pipeline is in place
- Consult proactively with leaders on organizational change strategies that directly correspond with business strategies and priorities
- Administer and contribute to the development of HR programs
- Represent the HR function by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of business products, industry trends and general business knowledge/acumen through various sources and initiatives
- Consult proactively with leaders on effective talent management strategies to identify, select, develop and retain the right talent
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives and collaborate with HR COEs to influence the alignment of COE and business strategies
People Consulting– develop strategic business cases and analyses to support business decisions
- Leverage effective organization design/job design and change methodologies to maximize business impact
- Improve employee engagement by acting as a steward of the culture, creating plans that connect them to the mission, vision and values to achieve maximum productivity
- Manage time and company resources appropriately and prioritizes activities by magnitude of impact on business performance
- Advise business leaders on strategies for effectively managing their organization’s effectiveness in pursuit of talent and business outcomes
- Ensure compliance with HR-related federal, state, local and company rules and regulations
- Advise and influence management on effective workforce transition strategies
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience in Human Resources
- HR Certification(s) preferred
- Professional with strong organizational, communication, technical skills, and superior ethical standards.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software
- Advanced knowledge of SAP software
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state HR laws and regulations
- Advanced consultation, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize, and create alignment and buy in from clients and direct reports
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to analyze data and apply it to complex problem resolution
The Salary Range is $115,000 - $155,000, plus bonus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.