Data Analyst, Marketing
Posted on Apr 21 San Francisco, CA 148 views
We’ve assembled some of the sharpest folks from across industries to compete against the antiquated system of traditional car rental. We put ideas into action and learn along the way in an open, collaborative work environment. As a part of Avail, you’ll make a direct impact and help build a business from the ground up. No matter where you’ve been, we’re always looking for fresh thinking and new perspectives.
Avail is seeking a talented Data Analyst to join the Marketing team. This person will report to the Marketing Director, helping to create better decision-making, impactful business insights and clear data visualization. They will also partner closely with the central Analytics Team to tackle cross-functional challenges and experimentation. The ideal candidate has experience and thrives in a start-up environment, has marketing acumen, and cares that data insights are taken all the way to implementation.
This person is an individual contributor to the team.
- Work with other marketing leads to ensure that teams are using data to make informed decisions about spend, optimization and prioritization.
- Own insights and reporting so that the most important metrics are always accessible, understandable, and actionable
- Understand consumer funnels and work with marketing and product to set appropriate goals at each stage
- Champion experimentation by creating a framework for testing, ensuring consistent measurement and implementation.
- Lead the creation and ongoing improvement of marketing attribution, measurement and data integrity
- Collaborate with finance and operations to better understand and optimize marketplace balance, price, supply earnings, etc
- Partner with the central data and analytics team to design and build the company’s greater data strategy and architecture.
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics, related field, or equivalent experience
- Understands digital marketing channels, offline advertising, growth and conversion optimization
- Strong ability to analyze data and synthesize findings into actionable insights and recommendations
- Advanced SQL skills and ability to navigate large, messy, raw data
- Experience using data visualization tools, both sophisticated and simple
- Enjoys working cross-functionally and communicates effectively
That’s the day to day, here’s the bigger picture.
Avail was founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2018. But you’ll be working for (and at) Avail. Our work environment blends the ingenuity and flexibility of a startup with the scale and strengths of a Fortune 100 company. Perks include a generous PTO policy, flexible working options, and a focus on leadership, wellness, and culture. We also offer 401k, health insurance, and other employment benefits for your future.
See a job you love? We encourage you to apply, even if your experience isn’t a perfect match.
Learn more about life at Avail. Connect with us on Instagram and LinkedIn.
We generally do not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.