Lead Information Analyst (Remote - Home based worker)
Posted on Apr 21 Northbrook, IL 379 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Allstate Benefits Technology organization is seeking an experience information analyst with 7+ years of hands-on experience to evolve the AB Strategic Data Warehouse to be the single source of truth for business metrics. The Information Analyst will analyze department and product-level business objectives and provide guidance on the appropriate place to source existing data for analysis purposes and/or lead the development of new data elements. The position will also be responsible for building and growing the team’s competency and capabilities with respect to Data Quality, Data Governance, and Data Modeling. They should instill Allstate and industry data warehousing development best practices and standards within the business intelligence space.
- Work with business users to understand their business functions and processes in order to help them define analytic and reporting requirements, including data and metadata requirements for their systems that are complete and unambiguous.
- Make major contributions in adhering Allstate best practices and strategy for the group in partnership with their peers.
- Responsible for code reviews, performance tuning, and troubleshooting during the project.
- Drive data ownership and transparency through data lineage documentation and be an active technical leader within the department
- Analyze and determine scope and volumetric parameters that dictate data profiling activity.
- Construct and execute complex SQL queries to verify business data rules and fit-for-use status of data under analysis.
- Leverages, contributes and uses Big Data best practices / lessons learned to develop technical solutions used for descriptive analytics, ETL, predictive modeling, and prescriptive “real time decisions” analytics
- Develops and builds frameworks/prototypes that integrate Data Lake and advanced analytics to make business decisions.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines implementing ETL processes both Real time and Batch.
- Responsible for code reviews, performance tuning, and troubleshooting during the project process.
- Proven ability to lead multiple high priorities initiative with aggressive timelines leveraging an agile framework.
- Degree in engineering, computer science, or related experience
- 7+ years of solid hands-on experience with Ab Initio hosted on Linux, Relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server) and No-SQL databases (MongoDB)
- 2+ years of experience using Spark with Scala programing, Big Data Object Storage S3 Bucket and Dremio Integration are preferred.
- Must have hands-on experience in working on shell scripts in Unix.
- Knowledge of best practices related to data security, and application disaster recovery.
- Knowledge of BI tools like PowerBI and Tableau
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Team player with positive “Can-do” attitude
- Great communication skills with enthusiastic personality
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other team members (immediate team as well as cross-functional teams)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
Salary range is from $68,100 to $143,600. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.