The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Sales Advisor, Small Commercial Insurance
Posted on Apr 22 Richardson, TX 247 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision, consults and counsels with prospective customers via telephone & email to sell Commercial Lines Small Business products. Utilizes strong understanding of Travelers Commercial Lines Small Business products and underwriting guidelines to gather required customer information, evaluate, and properly classify, individual risks. Represents Travelers in a positive manner while identifying needs, overcoming objections and closing sales as appropriate.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes rapport and provides a superior customer and sales experience with prospective customers.
- Develops knowledge and stays current on available Small Commercial Insurance products, underwriting and sales processes and features to counsel and sell.
- Supports long and short term business strategies to effectively achieve growth and profitability objectives.
- Follows Select Travelers Express Underwriting Best Practices to evaluate new Select Accounts business to accept, decline, modify, rate, and quote these accounts.
- Multi-tasks and manages workflow from various sources (external campaign partners, internal transfers) and channels (inbound/ outbound phone, email & fax).
- Negotiates price, product, and coverage issues on individual accounts and/or recommendation to Underwriter (as appropriate).
- Demonstrates strong active listening skills to identify problems or objections.
- Handles objections professionally while clearly articulating relevant product and corporate features, benefits, and value to the consumer.
- Achieves and maintains the minimum required quality and underwriting metrics while consistently striving to improve.
- Develops and maintains strong agency relationships and be knowledgeable about the competitive marketplace.
- Receives and implements constructive feedback in the form of professional coaching.
- Demonstrates the ability to build positive partnerships with other business groups to support sales and service needs for prospects and customers.
- Participates and/or leads related projects and assignments (e.g., review and develop sales strategies, sales and product workflows, product offerings and features, etc.
- Work Schedule is Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:00 CST
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- Ability to obtain Commercial Property/Casualty License.
- Understanding of the sales process with basic sales aptitude and skills.
- Basic ability to demonstrate a positive and professional demeanor to counsel, sell and build rapport with customers, agents, peers and leadership.
- Basic ability to build and maintain professional and positive relationships.
- Basic ability to multi-task within a high volume sales center environment.
- Basic ability to work independently and in a team environment, including working with remote peers and leadership.
- Intermediate computer keyboard skills.
- Intermediate level verbal and written communication skills.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Insurance industry and/or Small Commercial Sales experience preferred.
- Intermediate or advanced understanding of the sales process preferred.
- Intermediate or advanced sales aptitude preferred.
- Thorough or comprehensive knowledge of Small Commercial Insurance products preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Travelers is committed to a positive customer experience that exceeds expectations and to meeting all compliance requirements. As a result, Travelers requires that all employees in this position obtain and maintain an insurance license (either Property and Casualty or Personal Lines) in the employee’s resident state.
- In addition, a nonresident license is required for each state in which you will be conducting business. Each state will evaluate any/all criminal and financial background incidents to determine license eligibility. Applicants with a felony conviction or pending/unresolved court cases may not qualify for licenses in all required states.
- It is your responsibility to provide any/all required court documents needed to obtain your license(s). Travelers does not pay for and/or reimburse the cost or time needed to obtain any documents necessary to complete licensing applications.
- Failure to maintain any required licenses may result in termination of employment.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate or advanced ability to multi-task within a high volume sales center environment preferred.
- Basic ability to make wise decisions quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment preferred.
- Basic ability to effectively deliver a sales presentation targeted at specific business types and comfortably overcome objections preferred.
- Basic ability to adapt to change preferred.
- Basic demonstration of desire and willingness to succeed, with proven track record of success preferred.
- Basic experience utilizing Travelers rating/issuing platforms is preferred.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.