Lead Solution Architect
Posted on Apr 23 Jacksonville, FL 232 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Develop reusable patterns, practices, and reference architectures through research and Proof of Concept builds
• Communicate technology strategy to leaders and knowledge workers via roadmaps, conceptual diagrams and solution documents
• Provide consultation to teams on the tactical application of reference architectures and the strategic direction of enterprise technology
• Hold summits with technologists and business people to identify opportunities for innovation
• Using independent research and analysis of industry and technology trends, provide actionable ideas for innovation and business capability development
• Author reference architectures and positions that support the design, deployment and support of complex systems that deliver business functionality
• Verify conformance to architectural patterns, practices and enterprise/departmental reference architecture
• Identify, evaluate and vet technologies for use in the enterprise technology landscape
• Drive change from within IT through communication with teams regarding processes, standards and culture
• Support vendor selection and analysis process by evaluating vendor architecture's fit within the Domain
College Degree with technical study or equivalent experience
• 7+ years technical experience in architecture/design
• Excellent communication skills are a must
Experience with OpenText Exstream
• Experience with Adobe Experience Manager
• Experienced with Web Service (SOA, Rest, Micro)
• Experienced developing applications using Java, React a must. Nice to have would be Scala
• Experience refactoring and/or re-platforming applications to run in Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes Environment
• Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
• Experience with No SQL technologies such as MongoDB and Scality RING
• Experience with CICD (Jenkins, Artifactory, etc)
• Experience working with distributed technologies:
1. Integration and Design Patterns
2. Messaging interfaces (Kafka, MQ, JMS)
3. Business Process Modeling
• Experience with Cloud Technologies
• Benefits/Insurance Industry Experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.