The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Senior Analyst (Product Rating)
Posted on Apr 23 Hartford, CT 405 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
If you have a background in programming or developing and an understanding of insurance and rating, this could be the role you are looking for! Here is an opportunity to join a diverse and close knit team and work for a company that values their employees and customers! We do offer a strong benefit package including a pension!
In this role you will under general supervision, provide support for the product rating function including all variables associated with premiums to achieve financial and strategic objectives, both at the state/province and national level. These functions are performed using a business-controlled rating engine and other associated technologies. You will work with other business unit teams and team members to support product and pricing strategies. This role applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned project. This position will support Business Insurance or Personal Insurance products. You may perform configuration tasks associated with product rules. This job does not lead others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes and contributes to business requirements, such as rate filings and other related documentation; provides oversight to less experienced members of the team.
- Consults with business and actuarial to develop rating business requirements and rating worksheet requirements.
- Designs and implements rate structure changes to existing products or implementation of new products.
- Maintains rate factors in existing rating tables.
- Performs consistency checks across multiple requirements for same project.
- Maintain other business owned tools and technologies that support the rating of products. Recommend enhancements or efficiencies, as applicable.
- Design and build rate pages for rate manuals; utilize software if available.
- May update and maintain product configuration rules.
- Determines testing scope and conducts unit testing, validates changes in accordance with requirements and adheres to all required team best practices and all business unit filing/regulatory processes per audit compliance requirements. Triage's and resolve issues surfaced during subsequent testing phases.
- Meets or exceeds quality, timeliness, and service level agreements.
- Identifies and conduct analysis of rating discrepancies.
- Develops effective relationships and provides consultation to various business partners and teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience required.
- 3 years of programming, development, actuarial, or rating experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 5 years of programming/ configuration, development, actuarial, or rating experience.
- Solid working knowledge of relational databases or similar rating engine technology.
- Solid knowledge of property casualty insurance products (Personal or Business Insurance) is highly preferred.
- Strong personal computing skills with experience using Microsoft Office Excel.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for learning assigned supported business systems and technology.
- Ratabase experience is a huge plus!
- Agile knowledge is desired.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate leadership, innovation and initiating skills.
- Results driven.
- Intermediate understanding of rating and pricing concepts.
- Customer-focused orientation (agent and consumer).
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills, with ability to influence others.
- Intermediate organization and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Intermediate critical thinking and analysis skills to assigned work efforts. Also includes intermediate problem-solving skills.
- Actively invests in improving own capabilities.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.