Enterprise Strategy and Operations Consultant
Posted on Apr 24 Northbrook, IL 306 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Business Transformation Office (BTO) is part of Corporate Business Transformation (CBT). CBT’s role is to create transparency, drive strategic decisions, and accelerate and enable execution to achieve Transformative Growth (TG) objectives. Within the BTO, the Operating Model team is accountable for installing common language, tools and minimum standards for all disciplines (i.e., agile, waterfall) across all TG Strategic Lever teams. This role is responsible for general maintenance of the TG portfolio tool(s), including, but not limited to updating/creating data fields and data values, creating reports, monitoring access requests and inputting data. May also provide project management coordination and support within subject matter expertise for assigned program and across the enterprise for other focused initiatives.
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate, identify, reproduce, and resolve problems in area of specialty, including business, process and technical problems
- Assists with the coordination, integration, and delivery of planned changes, projects, or programs
- Consistently plans, implements, and manages projects with simple complexity
- Support the future vision and strategy for large-scale programs, including contributing to development of business cases, execution roadmaps, and three-year plans
- As directed, supports the development/design of new plans, programs & processes of simple complexity
- Actively builds effective relationships
- Analyzes data as it relates to TG programs, projects and processes and identifies alternatives for improvement as appropriate
- Deepens understanding within functional area to support continuous improvement
- Adapts way of influencing different people, recognizing different needs/motivation
- Provides business/technical consultation on smaller projects
- Tracks and has shared accountability for planned performance and results
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 1-2 years’ related experience
• Advanced Power BI expertise
• Strong intellectual curiosity with ability to focus it on business problems and analytical efforts
• Strong working knowledge of reporting across multiple stakeholder groups, including design and distribution
• Has the ability to solve routine problems following established policies and procedures
• Building project management skills
• Effective oral and written communication
• Building working knowledge of processes, policies, and procedures
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.