Claims Service Specialist - (Remote/Hybrid)
Posted on Apr 27 Northbrook, IL 251 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Unforeseen events are usually unnerving and unique. So, it takes someone special to put the pieces back together for our customers.
This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for to truly impact someone’s life! Start your claims professional career today as a
Claims Service Specialistand be part of our dynamic team!
This is a virtual homebased position and Hybrid position. This position is not available to California, Alaska and Hawaii residents.
Future Workplace: If you are within 50 miles of the below Locations
the position is considered Hybrid. As a hybrid employee, you will split your time between your work from home office and an Allstate Office.
A Day in the Life:
- File initial contact for new claims from customers using innovative tools and technology in a collaborative team environment.
- Apply industry expertise to approve inspections and submit payments on claims.
- Review documentation and notes in claim in accordance with business unit standard methodologies.
- Communicate compassionately with customers and help them through their claim process in a fast, fair and easy manner while maintaining confidentiality.
- Problem solving and contributing to team goals by sharing ideas and opinions.
Start Date: The training classes for this position will begin on June 14th, 21st and 28th.
Compensation:You will be paid a competitive rate of $16.00 an hour ($33,280 annually)
Training & Permanent Working Hours:
During your training period, you will be learning from facilitators in the business in a virtual setting. You will also be provided hands-on experience.
Trainingis scheduled for Monday through Friday from 10:00 am – 6:45 pm CST. Training is mandatory and runs for 5 weeks. No time off will be granted during training.
Permanent working hours:After training is complete, you will receive your permanent shift for the role. The shifts are not known or available upfront, but the shift could range between starting at 6:30am CST to 4:00 pm CST. The latest shift would end at 12:45 am CST. Shifts are 8 hours and 45 min long.
- First: 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Second: 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Third: 11 p.m. – 7 a.m.
- Weekend: Saturday and/or Sunday
If you work 2nd, 3rd or weekend shift you have possibilty to earn 10-15% more in shift diffrential
Standard Technical Requirements:
- Technology equipment will be provided (Computer, headset, etc.)
- Home-based employees are required to have a stable internet service and must maintain or exceed the following speeds: 50 MBPS download and 5 MBPS upload
re a great Match for this Role if:
- Employees with current work experience outside of Express strongly preferred
- You want to utilize your customer service skills to help restore peoples’ lives’
- You have a strong desire to make a difference through compassionate customer service
- You’re an empathic, upbeat and friendly self-starter who can work independently, as well as, on a team
- You feel comfortable working within the Microsoft Office Suite and would be excited to learn new technology
- You’re organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced call center type environment where you will need to adhere to procedures, agendas, and measurements
- You’re known for clear and professional communication – both written and verbal
- You have a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) along with one year of customer service experience
- Being bilingual and/or having prior military experience is a plus
- Learning & growth opportunities
- Leadership teams that are communicative and compassionate
- Impactful work by serving customers and the community in times of need
- A culture in which you dress for your day
- Recognition and advancement opportunities
- Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
You can view all Allstate benefits @
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.