HR Advanced Analytics Manager (Remote/Home-Based Worker)
Posted on Apr 27 Northbrook, IL 213 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The People Analytics Advanced Analytics Manager is accountable for identifying the opportunities, scoping complex problems, developing and delivering innovative solutions to support Allstate’s talent strategy to enable leaders to make better talent decisions. The right candidate for the role needs to have demonstrated ability to plan, lead, execute and deliver compelling and impactful workforce data insights while managing multiple stakeholders and balancing agility and precision. The ideal candidate is an established leader who can develop models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques to create solutions to solve complex business problems.
• Acts as a technical leader, innovator and advisor within People Analytics, offering expertise on complex issues that contribute to Allstate’s talent and business strategies
• Delivers complex analytical solutions, translating business requests into analytical work and meeting business needs through the application of scientific rigor and subject matter expertise
• Leads an experienced team of advanced analysts in a global environment, and is responsible for delivering transformative solutions
• Enables a data-driven culture of analytics across HR, working with internal and external partners on an approach that compliments Allstate’s culture of analytics
• Uses deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise the stakeholders and HR partners, communicating complex concepts effectively across a wide range of audiences
• Demonstrates strong collaboration skills to ensure alignment and successful execution
• Creates a high-performance work environment, leading and influencing the work within their team/direct reports and across People Analytics
• Ensures solutions can be scaled to the enterprise level when needed, and works across teams to create solutions that are predictive and scalable
• Contributes to playbooks for leaders and HR business partners that translate solutions into achievable actions
This job does have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Decision science, Econometrics (or related field)
• 7+ years of hands-on experience in data analytics (People Analytics experience preferred)
• Experience working with technical professional including data analysts, data scientists & product managers
• Hands-on expertise with data mining and statistical modeling techniques such as Regression, Classification, Clustering, Tree-based methods, Neural nets, SVM and Outlier detection.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• None required
• Expertise in math, statistical modelling and analysis, and exposure to advanced analytics solutions and machine learning
• Expertise in at least one statistical programming language like R or Python
• Experience analysing and interpreting complex concepts specific to people analytics
• Experience demonstrating judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
• Advanced business communication, presentation, and writing skills to effectively convey quantitative information to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong ability in leading teams and cross functional projects across a range of disciplines
• Ability to hire, develop, lead and motivate a high-performance team, and to foster a culture of continuous improvement
• Understanding of Agile ways of working
Compensation for this position will be $91,800 to $159,300/year plus AIP bonus. Actual salary offered will depend on selected candidate's experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.