Sr. Product Designer
Posted on Apr 27 Chicago, IL 123 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
CompoZed Labs at Allstate are leaders in Agile XP software design and development practices. Our approach to product delivery is fast yet sustainable, and our commitment to working in a balanced team creates an inspiring and innovative environment.
We are looking for talented and passionate Product Designers to join our growing UX Team at CompoZed Labs. You will be responsible for applying user-centered design methods to frame and deliver the experience of the products we build to be useful, usable and enjoyable. Working in an Agile XP environment, you will collaborate with fellow designers, product managers, developers, end-users and stakeholders to define, design, ship and iterate products.
About the Company
We are an award-winning employer with national recognition for our employee centric benefits and flexible working environment.
We are specialists in lean and agile software design and development practices. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications, and a cloud platform for applications and data.
• Ability to design & envision experiences iteratively in a lean environment without overly obsessing about getting it right the first time
• Works very closely with another product designer as a design pair in an engagement
• Helps product managers assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints and features
• Shepard product decisions through user research, user flows, design concepts and iterative user feedback sessions
• Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be tested and validated quickly
• Conduct frequent & appropriate user research, testing and analysis
• Create a functioning live deliverable/working code that will replace heavy and unusable documentation
• Ability to immerse themselves in the details of a project, one engagement at a time
• Isn’t afraid to make daily product decisions with the product manager and developers
• Leverages data-driven & analytical to drive decisions
• Has an entrepreneurial spirit and isn’t afraid to do whatever it takes to produce the right product
• Functions more as a design facilitator than an expert designer who knows it all
• Is open to feedback and engages in active listening
• Motivated to continuously learn new skills and capabilities that they do not possess currently
• Will actively collaborate with others even if they are not in the same team
About the role
• Work in pairs effectively with other product designers and/or other project team members that have complementary skills.
• Immerse in the details of a project, working on one engagement at a time.
• Manage the end to end user experience process on engagements.
• Conduct appropriate user research and analysis methods to answer the research questions at hand.
• Create high quality UX deliverables which deliver on product outcomes.
• Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be frequently tested and validated with users
• Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, live style guides, and assets.
• Contribute to and promote on-going enhancement of the Allstate UX design tools & methodologies.
• Has proficiency is more than one UX discipline: User Research, Interaction Design/Information Architecture, Visual Design, and Front-end development.
• Has at least 5 years of experience designing full-service consumer or business applications.
• Solid understanding of the user-centred design process.
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and not be afraid to stand up for what they believe is the right product based on user feedback.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills are required. Have the ability to present and explain design decisions to team, users and stakeholders, at any level.
• Open to feedback and engages in active listening to improve the practice of product design.
• Have an interest in innovation and continually learn new technologies and design skills/methods within the digital space.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Knowledge of tools like Invision App, Sketch, Zeplin, and animation tools like Framer/Pixate is desired.
• Experience using Lean UX methodology is strongly desired.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following is a plus: Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors, and/or Computer Science
The minimum salary for this position is $76,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.