The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Sr Financial Consultant - InsuraMatch
Posted on Apr 27 Boston, MA 255 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
InsuraMatch is an independent agency company, owned by Travelers Insurance, that uses an innovative online platform to help consumers compare offerings from more than 40 carriers across the United States. With a focus on personal insurance, InsuraMatch offers coverage for auto, home, boat, motorcycle, renters, umbrella, and flood, among others. InsuraMatch operates independently and manages all carrier partnerships.
InsuraMatch is looking for a self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail to join our energetic team. The Sr. Financial Consultant will be responsible for helping with a number of financial tasks. They will ensure that InsuraMatch books are closed accurately and timely on a monthly basis, in compliance with requirements and appropriate standards and procedures. They will work cooperatively with InsuraMatch teams in several office locations, as well as the Travelers finance team.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain vendor files
- Check that monthly invoices have been received
- File invoices systematically with naming convention
- Ensure that invoices are correctly entered and coded in Single Payer system
- Prepare monthly accruals – coordinate with PI Finance unpaid vs unsubmitted
- Prepare credit card reconciliation, including proper coding and documentation
- Prepare partnership invoicing
- Download commission statements from the carriers’ portals. As needed, access Salesforce data or policy data in carriers portals to breakdown commission statements by state
- Ensure that all statements are received monthly
- Maintain commission revenue spreadsheet, monitor against cash receipts by agency code
- Prepare monthly accruals
- Monitor contingent commission revenue projection on a quarterly basis and communicate to PI Finance
- Analyze financial and production trends on a periodic basis (revenues, retention)
- Monitor InsuraMatch business expenses vs. budget, analyze annual forecast, prepare management financial reports.
- Partnerships financial analysis:
- Prepare budget to ensure long term profitability of new business segments and new partnerships
- Monitor revenues and costs for partnerships and call vendors over time
- Assess cost of acquisition and lifetime value per business segments Build templates to help assess long term partnership strategies
- Setup financial templates, models and analyze results on a routine basis
- Assist in Annual budgeting process
Data Science Support:
- Work with data science team to ensure that the policy database is complete and accurate
- Maintain IVANS download
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or a minimum of three years of experience working with insurance companies or insurance agencies.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills required (including data extraction, manipulation, pivoting, etc.)
- Very good analytical skills, high attention to detail required
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables with various deadlines
- Ability to work seamlessly with several people across several office locations
- Prior finance experience (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounting) helpful but not required
- Ability to multi-task and navigate through multiple systems
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong typing skills
- Self-starter who can work well independently and also work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to work under pressure with positive attitude, remain focused on results, and respond to changing priorities
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.