Willis Towers Watson
Associate Property Broker Energy
Posted on Apr 27 New York, NY 442 views
Corporate Risk and Broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients mainly in the Property, Power and Energy lines of business rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk by way of procuring reinsurance protection on a risk by risk basis, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
Brokers serve as an integral interface between Willis Towers Watson clients and prospects and various insurance carriers in the marketplace. They advise Producers and other colleagues on the design of complex risk management programs for clients; present submissions to carriers, negotiate to secure coverage that meets client needs, prepare client proposals and develop relationships with key carriers. If you are an eager learner, willing to work hard to become a consultative advisor who thrives in creating technical sound solutions that address the clients risk without turning their balance sheet upside down, this is the role for you.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Develop a knowledge of Power Generation & Renewable Energy at WTW; Learn to handle power generation and renewable energy placements that vary in size and complexity. Work as a day-to-day power generation and renewable energy broker on key accounts.
- Request / Attend and participate in regular client meetings.
- Support tasks related to the quoting, binding and servicing of new and renewal accounts
- Gather and Prepare renewal information; including but not limited to, coverage, limits, risk control, loss history, and values
- Participate in marketing strategy and proposal review meetings with Willis team members to correspond with client presentation dates
- Learn how to perform Risk Analytics and run these analytics for clients to help in assessing the client’s risk and insurance needs
- Create and analyze comparisons of carrier quotes to demonstrate value and thoroughness for clients; make recommendations where needed
- Negotiate premiums, coverage enhancements, commissions, and existing coverages with carriers
- Prepare draft proposals and reviews of carrier quotes and coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty.
- Bind carrier quotes and review binders and coverage confirmations.
- Provide support to the team on day-to-day servicing of the client, preparation of submissions, binders, endorsements, wording and tender submission
- Assist with client requests for information, coordinating with other departments as necessary
- Help to maintain information in online platform for the client
- Obtain P&C Broker’s license within 2 years of hire
- Provide thorough communication with all Willis team members, carriers, and/or wholesalers throughout the duration of each placement
- Keep informed of changing insurance and risk market conditions.
- Complete business travel for client visits, other Willis office visits, and/or advanced skill trainings on a limited basis
- Work collaboratively with WTW colleagues including those in property broking, natural resources, analytics, client service and WTW global brokering teams.
- Collaborate and communicate with other client services teams and Shared Service Centers (e.g. the National Accounting Center [NAC], Certificate Issuance Team [Cert Center], Surplus Lines, various global and domestic Central Operations groups, etc.) to smoothly and efficiently complete joint work/process steps/etc.
- Maintain performance to applicable Client Service and Placement standards and/or metrics
- Understand and comply with Willis Excellence Model Management (WEM) requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 years Commercial P&C experience preferred, but entry level applicants will be considered.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, negotiation skills and influence skills are critical
- Superior interpersonal skills for working with colleagues and clients in a collaborative team environment. Ability to work independently, yet actively and appropriately engage the services provided by “extended team members” across the Shared Service Centers and Teams
- Demonstrated ability in conflict resolution and selling skills are a plus
- Technology acumen to adapt to multitude of technology-based systems (Epic, carrier online rating systems, etc.)
- Attention to detail and process orientation
- Time Management and Organizational Skills in the face of changing deadlines and workloads
- Customer service focus
- Problem solving abilities, including critical thinking, research, quantitative skills, creativity
- Basic to Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills to include email, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Word skills to include formatting, Tables, Table of Contents, Headers, Footers and Review capabilities
- Excel skill capabilities to include data entry and formatting
- Exposure to Excel formulas and Pivot table creation/manipulation a plus
- Insurance designations such as CPCU and ARM are advantageous
EOE, including disability/vets