Avail - People Strategy Manager (Remote-Home Based Worker)
Posted on Apr 28 Northbrook, IL 369 views
We’ve assembled some of the sharpest folks from across industries to compete against the antiquated system of traditional car rental. We put ideas into action and learn along the way in an open, collaborative work environment. As a part of Avail, you’ll make a direct impact and help build a business from the ground up. No matter where you’ve been, we’re always looking for fresh thinking and new perspectives.
The People Strategy Manager will lead end-to-end creation and execution of strategic people initiatives for the Avail Car Sharing team. You will partner with our senior leadership team and leverage key resources across the organization to plan, develop, accelerate Avail’s human capital return on investments.
- Lead employee lifecycle processes such as hiring, onboarding, performance management, compensation and other innovative programs.
- Partner with the talent acquisition team to implement creative sourcing, branding, and process modification initiatives to attract superior talent to Avail.
- Create and execute the talent development and performance management processes in order to motivate and develop our people.
- Drive the strategic vision for the people strategy team.
- Provide a customer-centric view of people strategy solutions, including conducting research to provide data-driven strategic decisions.
- Develop and establish KPIs and measures of success.
- Lead the creation, design, pilot and execution of human resource/people strategy products.
- Consult and provide guidance to leaders on people initiatives.
- Effectively prioritize the design and development of programs that uphold and enhance the adoption of our core values and increase our employee value proposition.
- Drive culture change throughout the organization.
This job does have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of professional experience
- At least five years of functional human resources experience, including recruiting, compensation, and/or performance management experience
- Strong end-to-end project management skills, program management and non-technical product management skills.
- Strong ability to analyze data and apply it to complex problem resolution.
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, analytically and creatively.
- Track record of designing, building and executing new strategies.
- Advanced consultation, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational skill
- Effective relationship builder
- Previous supervisory experience a plus
- Advanced change management skillset
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Test and learn mentality
Compensation range for this position is $91,800 - $159,300 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
That’s the day to day, here’s the bigger picture.
Avail was founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2018. But you’ll be working for (and at) Avail. Our work environment blends the ingenuity and flexibility of a startup with the scale and strengths of a Fortune 100 company. Perks include a generous PTO policy, flexible working options, and a focus on leadership, wellness, and culture. We also offer 401k, health insurance, and other employment benefits for your future.
See a job you love? We encourage you to apply, even if your experience isn’t a perfect match.
Learn more about life at Avail. Connect with us on Instagram and LinkedIn.
We generally do not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.