Willis Towers Watson
Life Science Associate Broker
Posted on Apr 28 New York, NY 306 views
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Gather information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks in order to support the placement of client risks into the market.
- With support of more experienced brokers, develop client and prospect presentations to secure new, and build on existing, relationships.
- Research market solutions to learn how to identify and develop optimum risk solutions for clients.
- Ensure that quality and compliance procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Execute straightforward new business placement, renewals and simple alterations of existing cover, under supervision.
- Record and maintain all information accurately on the appropriate systems.
- Work closely with associates from other departments that support the broking process (e.g., analytics).
- Build technical skills by satisfactorily completing basic and intermediate training courses as required.
- Prepare draft submission documents and finalize submissions for delivery.
- Review quotes against specifications and develop side-by side comparisons.
- Prepare program proposals.
- Review program binders for accuracy against quotes and complete file reviews.
- < 3 years industry experience
- Life Sciences broking experiences preferred although not required
- Insurance broker’s P&C license required
- Solid presentation skills (written and oral); demonstrates active listening and note taking
- Relationship management and customer focus; ability to interface with customers and collaborate internally with teammates to serve customers
- Negotiation skills (carrier and client); ability to maintain as-is renewal terms and handle simple business placements
- Business Acumen: demonstrates basic knowledge/understanding of insurance business.
- Project Management: ability to execute assigned tasks in timely fashion.
- Adaptable and receptive to feedback; will seek guidance when needed
- End to end process knowledge: fluent in insurance process and can drive results by influencing other key players in the process.
- Leadership skills: ability to make decisions and support them; ability to take control of own work; ability to seek guidance and coordinate with others when needed.
- Insurance Technical skills; demonstrates knowledge of core insurance principles. Understands coverage forms and principles.
- Strong technology acumen – ability to utilize technology based record management systems; advanced MS Office skills and familiarity with other relevant online tools.
EOE, including disability/vets