Sales Insights Lab Manager - Strategy (Remote - Home Based Worker)
Posted on Apr 29 Northbrook, IL 273 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Job Family Summary
The Insights Lab provides actionable sales and service insights to the organization on new sales and service processes. This is accomplished through the maintenance of a lab environment used for design and testing initiatives in partnership with various AORs.
A leader role responsible for leading the development of Sales and Service testing to include randomized experimentation, proof of concepts and trials that will inform the customer journey. This includes partnering with leaders across the enterprise. Utilize functional expertise and knowledge of the business to support, develop and lead new initiatives, support the optimization of customer contact centers skills and capabilities, increase optimization and reduce waste. Provide input on new initiatives to extend Allstate’s opportunity to grow and improve its competitive advantage. May represent the business area in strategic planning activities with senior level executives.
- Collaborates with cross functional areas to ensure integration around the launch of new initiatives
- Coordinates program management including strategy development, communication and analysis that provide actionable insights to positively align with and contribute to a shared vision, values and strategies of the organization
- Executes test and learn programs– responsible for creating this capability with accountability for managing budget, operational plans quality and business outcomes
- Directs the leadership of programs, processes or projects that improve optimization, create capacity and improve overall customer and/or agency experience
- Reports on the performance of various initiatives and recommends changes, cost adjustments or resource additions, where necessary. Partners with cross-enterprise and regional teams to build new initiatives to ensure effective implementation and value to Allstate Agencies.
- Works collaboratively across Agency Sales, D3, ATSV and other AORs
- Responsible for selection and hiring, retention/attrition, continuous improvement
- Partner with HR and Customer Service senior leaders in development and executing employee engagement strategies designed to improve employee satisfaction and overall retention, as well as performance management processes
- Manages front-line employees/leaders by providing appropriate direction, coordinating department activities, monitoring employee and department performance, formulating and implementing action plans.
- Creates/insures plans for professional growth/career-pathing of others.
- Provides honest performance feedback while encouraging adaptation to changing business objectives coaching and empowering others to maximize their potential
- Measures work requirements, employee potential, and recommends staffing.
- Educates stakeholders on critical business unit processes to ensure business requirements are met.
- Coordinates activities to positively align with and contribute to a shared vision, values and strategies of the organization.
- Encourages and actively pursues creative problem solving and enables others to challenge conventional processes or practices.
- Works with senior managers to establish the strategic direction, goals and objectives of the department.
- Is proactive and an effective consensus builder among stakeholders/interested parties.
- Provides appropriate direction to department leadership and provides support necessary to coordinate division/department activities consistent with departmental and corporate guidelines.
- Assumes ownership role and takes responsibility for division processes and outputs
- Analyze management information reports to determine progress to stated goals and objectives.
- Communicate opportunity areas and recommend process changes to achieve department goals.
- Adheres to laws/regulations or to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in related field preferred
- 5+ years experience leading teams.
- Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, and management.
- Knowledge of the functions, operation and mission of the specific department.
- Resolves complex situations through ideas and creative/innovative management.
- Effectively lead and collaborate across boundaries to implement decisions and/or initiatives in an integrated manner.
- Responsible for compliance with current industry standards/environment that impact decisions and indicates requirements.
- Proven and verifiable success in process improvement – identification, prioritization and implementation.
- Analytical skills and data curiosity.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace, preferred.
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational management skills.
- Formulates and monitors annual people/financial plan based upon the cost management guidelines; Plan and monitor department expenses. Communicate trend areas to ensure expense goals are met.
- Establishes high performance standards for self, teams, and others.
Compensation for this position has a salary range of $91,800 - $140,000/year. Actual salary offered will depend on selected candidate's experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.