Willis Towers Watson
Cloud Systems Engineer – Benefits Accounts
Posted on Apr 29 Tampa, FL 217 views
Would you like to take part in helping to shape the technical direction that will assist some of the world’s biggest companies? Are you interested in tackling unique challenges in order to support a large and diverse client base? Do you have a passion for technology and how it can be leveraged to be a force multiplier for productivity?
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- The Cloud System Engineer will participate in configuring and managing the cloud infrastructure services.
- The individual will apply their strong server and cloud management skills to ensure the efficient ongoing operation of the Infrastructure.
- The individual will contribute to existing and new IT infrastructure, standards, processes, and services.
- Build and implement solutions for the Benefits Accounts Acclaim SaaS platforms which leverage automation, security, and high availability at scale.
- Perform vendor analysis and road-mapping to ensure technologies leveraged for the Benefits Accounts Acclaim platform remain under support, secure, and allow for growth and efficiencies.
- Interface with other areas of the enterprise to facilitate a DevOps process and organization.
- Capacity management of systems infrastructure on premise and in cloud.
- Installation, configuration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting of Linux environments and products.
- Maintain operational best practices for availability, security, and integrity.
- Contribute to improving standards for security and operational efficiency.
- Work closely with information security personnel to identify and resolve security concerns.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- 5+ years of experience in an IT systems support role
- High proficiency in RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and RedHat Satellite Server (RHSS)
- Experience with VMware ESXi and vCenter products. Horizon and vRealize are a plus.
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell).
- Configuration management using Ansible and Terraform.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, planning, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to carry up to 35 pounds unaided in support of hardware installations
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience will be considered. High School diploma required
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Kubernetes and/or Docker management
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory
EOE, including disability/vets