The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on Apr 30 Hartford, CT 190 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under appropriate attorney supervision, review, draft and negotiate a variety of supplier contracts for technology and services. Work collaboratively with Corporate Procurement, the business, and other stakeholders as part of the vendor contracting process. This job does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, draft and negotiate confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, product evaluation agreements, training services agreements, hotel and events contracts, equipment lease/purchase and maintenance agreements, telecommunications agreements, website terms and conditions, end user license agreements, professional services agreements, technology product and service agreements, including data security terms, software license and maintenance agreements, software as a service, and related statements of work, ordering documents, amendments and addenda.
- Serve as primary point of contact with business customers and vendors for self-service NDAs (including the review/negotiation of vendor edits, processing NDAs for signature, and answering questions about executed and in-flight NDAs), compile and track relevant metrics regarding the self-service NDA process, and suggest improvements to the self-service workflow.
- Determine appropriate contract templates, modify templates as necessary and develop supplementary contract language as needed for specific supplier transactions.
- Work collaboratively with legal resources and Corporate Procurement to identify gaps between proposed contract terms and identified business requirements.
- Respond to inquiries regarding terms in existing contracts, and assist business customers in understanding contract provisions. Initiate and participate in various projects and identify opportunities to support department and company goals and requirements.
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating supplier contracts, including confidentiality agreements, evaluation agreements, technology-related contracts, statements of work and similar ordering documents, amendments, addenda, training agreements, and general services agreements (e.g., hotel and events).
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Experience drafting and negotiating technology products and services agreements, including data security terms, and software license and maintenance agreements, professional services agreements, telecommunications agreements and orders, software as a service agreements, and equipment lease/purchase and maintenance agreements.
- Experience negotiating general services agreements, including events and hotel, and training agreements.
- Experience with self-service contracts and related workflow processes and platforms.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical skills enabling timely and proactive identification and communication of contract-related issues and risks.
- Solid interpersonal skills enabling interaction with various stakeholders to identify issues and recommend solutions.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.