Willis Towers Watson
Posted on Apr 30 Denver, CO 198 views
As a Product Owner you will play a key role in product development projects by ensuring the organization’s needs are articulated as user stories for the Agile Scrum teams. In this role you will practice the fundamentals of scope definition, requirements gathering, as well as system conceptual design. You will be responsible for taking the product’s vision from management to defining scope; working with our UI/UX team to develop conceptual designs and understanding user experience and working with business analysts to create functional requirements. You will be focused on managing a development backlog and working collaboratively with your Scrum team to successfully deliver product releases. Additionally ,our Product Owners assist in the development of our market-focused release notes to announce new features and provide additional analysis support for our Product management teams.
- Works closely with Product Managers/Leaders to stay connected to the needs of the users in order to enable them to articulate the business scenarios
- As a key member of a scrum team(s), responsible for continuously grooming the backlog and working directly with Engineering, QA, and Scrum Master to facilitate software development and remove roadblocks
- Prioritizes Release backlog and Sprint backlog to ensure stories are ordered in a logical manner, incorporating feedback from Engineering and Product Managers, taking into consideration dependencies and incremental development goals
- Participate in all sprint ceremonies, and lead grooming/backlog refinement meetings
- Triage bugs during development
- Communicates the technical needs of end users, conducts initial requirement walk-throughs with scrum teams, clarifies requirements on a daily basis through each sprint, works directly with all members of the Scrum Team with close consideration of cross-domain topics
- Proactively makes decisions on behalf of the Product Managers to unblock Scrum Teams
- Escalates questions or issues to Product Managers and PMO as needed
- Performs User Acceptance Testing (UAT), where applicable
- Works directly with Business Analysts to distribute work as needed
- Responsible for the success of the release
- Problem articulation – no solutioning or implementation – use the teams to help with defining solutions through collaboration
- Use trusted methods – Story mapping, user stories, acceptance criteria
- The individual in this role will have the opportunity to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in the fields of talent management, compensation, employee engagement, workforce analytics, etc. Our Product Owners are empowered to make key product decisions using their research and understanding of the industry to build best in class solutions.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Willis Towers Watson is committed to finding opportunities to foster flexibility in the workplace, whenever business and client demands allow. We are delighted that this opportunity meets the criteria to work from home. For specific details, please discuss with your Recruiter.
- 4+ years of experience in product development activities
- Requires strong business analysis, requirements gathering, webpage workflow, and writing skills
- Experience working in Agile Development environment
- Skilled at working with stakeholders to drive decision points and resolutions
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work well within ambiguity
- Adeptness at learning new technology and tools
- Detail orientated, strong analytical thinker, capable of making key decisions based on solid research and knowledge of the industry
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work on virtual teams
- Process driven with ability to modify approach
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of the waterfall and agile methodologies
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor or as part of a broader team
- BS / BA degree or relevant experience
- Verifiable high-competency when it comes to stakeholder management, capable of challenging the norm and driving discussions focused on clear problem understanding as well as possible solutions.
- Experience in ensuring teams uphold the highest standards and effectiveness in delivering product roadmap and vision.
- Demonstrated ability to work on virtual global teams, helping navigate the challenges being a global team. Promoting the vision of being ‘ONE TEAM’ for all global resources.
- Possess high emotional intelligence, self-awareness, empathy and motivating colleagues is required.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, including the ability to effectively communicate to non-technical and technical team members and leaders and the ability to proactively provide status on team successes, challenges and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience working within an Agile Scrum software development lifecycle.
- Strong work ethic is a must.
- Experience working on both new enhancement and maintenance software development projects.
- Experience working with collaboration and issue tracking tools such as Confluence and JIRA.
Towers Watson is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits information for this position is being included in accordance with requirements of the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Please note that the salary range listed relate specifically to roles located in Colorado and that salary ranges for similar positions located in other Willis Towers Watson locations may vary. In addition, salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to individual competencies, education/professional certifications, experience and performance in the role.
The salary compensation range being offered for this role is $100,000 to $115,000
This role is also eligible for an annual short-term incentive bonus.
Willis Towers Watson provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
Leave Benefits: Paid holidays, annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state /local paid leave where required), Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Other leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption leave)
Retirement Benefits: Contributory pension plan and Savings Plan (401k). Certain senior level roles may also be eligible for non-qualified Deferred Compensation and Deferred Savings Plans.
EOE, including disability/vets